Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70412
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 8:47am

Topic: Fat Burning/Metabolism Speeding Tips
Posted By: anilk
Subject: Fat Burning/Metabolism Speeding Tips
Date Posted: March 29 2012 at 9:03pm
Fat Burning/Metabolism Speeding Tips

I've been trying to get more knowledge about losing weight.  I believe that my metabolism has stalled.  I know that exercise will help but I am doing a lot of research.

I want to share it here so that if you all see tips that I'm missing you might be willing to let me know.

I know that even before starting a regular exercise program you can use  tricks to eliminate visceral fat, amp up flab-burning metabolic processes, and start losing weight faster.

These are the tips I've found so far.  I will keep adding to this thread as I find new tips.

Tip#1 - Eat iron-rich foods

Iron is essential for carrying the oxygen your muscles need to burn fat. Unless you restock your store, you run the risk of low energy and a sagging metabolism.

Shellfish, lean meats, beans, fortified cereals, and spinach are excellent sources.

Note:  It's not always a good idea to take a supplement. Too much iron has been linked to a greater risk of heart disease in men. Get this essential mineral in natural doses from real foods.

Tip #2 - Get More D

Vitamin D is essential for preserving metabolism-revving muscle tissue. Unfortunately, researchers estimate that a measly 20 percent of Americans take in enough through their diet.

Get 90 percent of your recommended daily value (400 IU) in a 3.5-ounce serving of salmon. Other good sources: tuna, fortified milk and cereals, and eggs.

#3 - Drink Milk

There's some evidence that calcium deficiency may slow metabolism. Research shows that consuming calcium in dairy foods such as fat-free milk and low-fat yogurt may also reduce fat absorption from other foods.

#4 - Eat Watermelon

The amino acid arginine, abundant in watermelon, might promote weight loss, according to a new study in the Journal of Nutrition.

Researchers supplemented the diets of obese mice with arginine over 3 months and found that it decreased body-fat gains by a whopping 64 percent.

Adding this amino acid to the diet enhanced the oxidation of fat and glucose and increased lean muscle, which burns more calories than fat does.

Snack on watermelon and other arginine sources, such as seafood, nuts, and seeds, year-round.

#5 - Stay hydrated

All of your body's chemical reactions, including your metabolism, depend on water.

If you are dehydrated, you may be burning up to 2 percent fewer calories, according to researchers at the University of Utah who monitored the metabolic rates of 10 adults as they drank varying amounts of water per day.

In the study, those who drank either eight or twelve 8-ounce glasses of water a day had higher metabolic rates than those who had four.

Please help by posting any tips you may know or secrets to fat burning/metabolism speed up.

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: March 30 2012 at 10:08pm
Hi Anilk,
Thanks for starting this thread.  I love it.

I found this link which lists The 8 People Who Will Ruin Your Attempt To Lose Weight:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-people-who-will-ruin-your-attempt-to-lose-weight/

This is a great article because I believe that people in our lives can sabotage any good efforts to lose weight or eat better.  If you don't have supportive friends or spouse, the best food or diet plan will not work.

Please keep posting.  This is very helpful info.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: anilk
Date Posted: March 30 2012 at 10:17pm
There is a belief that eating raw almonds can help to add your longevity and quality of life.

Whether because of their cancer quelling laetrile or their powerful protein punch, almonds are keep the doctor away type of snack.

Legend also prescribes that eating five almonds before drinking alcohol will not only keep the doctor away, but will also keep a hangover at bay.

In ancient Persia, almonds were eaten to cure insomnia and to increase or stimulate lactation in nursing moms.

Almonds are also believed to relieve headaches while also guarding against outside negativity and the evil eye!

Posted By: Emirii
Date Posted: July 28 2012 at 7:08pm
I have a question about the eating watermelon part, I thought it was bad to eat it when trying to lose weight because of all the water it has?

-------------

Posted By: smithkendall
Date Posted: October 15 2012 at 4:40am
Thanks! it was hard to choose a best answer but yours was great, especially with the food tips and everything...I'll be sure to stop weighing myself too, I think I might obsess a little too much over numbers!

http://my-visalus-90daychallenge.com -

-------------

Posted By: aledsnape
Date Posted: October 24 2012 at 8:03am
eating broccoli burns belly fat and pineapple has meletonin in it wich burns fat
and apparently vitamen B6 i think it is that works too

Posted By: Carol329
Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 4:48am
Awesome tips!

It's great to keep hydrated by drinking lots of water or even eating fruits and vegetables.

Also eating more protein can help people lose weight because it helps muscle recover and growth which means more time spent working out.

Posted By: amandagreen
Date Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Anilk,Thanks for starting this thread.  I love it.I found this link which lists The 8 People Who Will Ruin Your Attempt To Lose Weight:http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-people-who-will-ruin-your-attempt-to-lose-weight/This is a great article because I believe that people in our lives can sabotage any good efforts to lose weight or eat better.  If you don't have supportive friends or spouse, the best food or diet plan will not work.Please keep posting.  This is very helpful info.

Wow, what an interesting perspective for a diet article!
I absolutely agree with you, as a woman weight loss and diet has been in my vocab for um...years ;), but I have found that people are the most effective when they keep the fact that they are dieting to themselves.

-------------
Beauty Blogger
http://www.skincarehq.org
Follow me on twitter
https://twitter.com/Skincare_HQ

Print Page | Close Window