Print Page | Close Window

Help me choose a new haircut please!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70472
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 10:29am

Topic: Help me choose a new haircut please!
Posted By: aroseisarose
Subject: Help me choose a new haircut please!
Date Posted: April 10 2012 at 8:39pm
Hi there,

I am new and I found my way here because I wanted some suggestions or advice on how to get my hair cut. I have it all one length right now and it's about mid-back length. I'm bored with it. It's in good condition. It's fine so I think it's beginning to look a little straggly at the ends, even though I get regular trims. I am a middle-aged woman with very dark brown hair that starting to get a few greys here and there. I color it a medium brown about every 4-5 months to keep the greys at bay.  I am 5'9" and I am overweight with a fat face and double chin. I would love to wear a shorter haircut, but I don't think short hair flatters me much. I am thinking I will go about just above shoulders and have it blunt cut. I am hoping this will make it look thicker and be easy to manage. I don't like bangs that well but I am sort of stuck in a rut.  Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: bnbivi00
Date Posted: April 11 2012 at 9:30am
Pictures always help!!! But, in my experience, I would tell you to stay away from bangs and go around shoulder length with little to no layers. The flatness of your hair and no bangs will make your face appear to be longer and less round, therefore, making you look more flattering. If you can post a picture, I can give you a better idea. If you want to message me directly, I can work with you there too.

-------------
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Print Page | Close Window