Print Page | Close Window

What is your favourite brand of nail polish?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Nails
Forum Description: Dig your claws into the latest tips & techniques for your nails
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70753
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:57pm

Topic: What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
Posted By: Ericachristina
Subject: What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 2:42pm

Hey everyone, what is your favourite brand of nail polish and what are some important qualities you look for in a good polish?

I have tried many  brands of nail polish from Chanel to Essie, OPI, Zoya, China Glaze, Wet n Wild, Essence,Color Craze and Revlon to name a few. I find that not all of the more expensive brands are as good as they should be and some of the cheaper brands may be good or bad.

I look for nail polish that goes on smooth that has a great brush and leaves no streaks. Also these days I have no time and patience for slow drying polishes and tend to buy the fast drying ones. I also like a good gloss finish and a polish that doesn’t stay sticky for a long time and become prone to creases. And of course I like my polish to last at least five day without chipping off and looking terrible, and a polish that has a longer shelf life and won’t become unusable after only a few uses.

My favourite right now are OPI because I love their colors even though they are not that fast drying in my opinion, Essence because the polishes I have from this line last up to 6 days before chipping off with a top coat, and the Wet n Wild fast dry because they dry very fast, although the colour selection here in Canada is rather sparse. China Glaze also has some really nice colors. I also like Color Craze which I got at Winners/Marshalls because the colors are very bright and good for summerSmile

Replies:
Posted By: boconnor
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 2:51pm
I generally lean towards OPI, but have a few Essie. I've picked up a few really cheap bottles at the drugstore and although not impressed, they did the job. I found the cheap ones to have really stiff brushes that weren't as wide as OPI, and the color went on blotchy.

Posted By: OH2TX
Date Posted: July 06 2012 at 1:33am
Count me in as another OPI fan.

Posted By: rosaclinic
Date Posted: October 29 2012 at 2:47am
i like pure ice. bright colors are very fascinating.

Posted By: Calanthia
Date Posted: November 27 2013 at 9:00pm
there is this brand called "SINFUL COLOURS" , and it has the coolest colours i ♥ it!

-------------

Posted By: mariechin1234
Date Posted: January 07 2015 at 8:13pm
Sally Hansen and Mac are my top choices.

Print Page | Close Window