Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Off Topics
Forum Name: Travel Talk
Forum Description: Airlines, Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70916
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 6:25am

Topic: Cruises do you like them or not?
Posted By: Ericachristina
Subject: Cruises do you like them or not?
Date Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:28pm

I have been on 5 cruises in the last 3 years. The first time I went for one week the weather was perfect the islands were beautiful and the ship was great! We had smooth sailing the entire way and that experience made me want to go back again and again. Some people find that cruising is addicting, if you love it chances are you will keep taking cruises.

Whether you have a good experience or a bad one and want to go on more depends on a few factors. If the ship is nice, clean, offers great amenities, entertainment, accommodations, food and service chances are you will have a better time. I have been on beautiful ships from Celebrity Cruise Lines which was a wonderful experience. I have however also been on cruises where the ship was not so great...Norwegian’s older ships for instance. I would really like to go on Oasis or Allure next time. I have also tried Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

Another factor is the weather; if you are someone who suffers from motion sickness/sea sickness and the seas are rough when you cruise chances are that will affect your choice to go on another. For my first cruise we had perfect calm seas and blue sunny skies the entire time so of course I wanted to go back. Unfortunately the weather is unpredictable and I haven’t been as fortunate on all my cruises. One cruise I went on in November got caught in a hurricane! The seas were so dark and choppy and it was cloudy and dark the entire time on the water, the winds were so bad we couldnt go outside! The boat was rocking back and forth so much I thought it was going to tip over and I got seriously ill for a few days where I couldn’t eat anything. We also missed one of our stops trying to outrun the hurricane. But that didn’t stop me from going on another!

Another factor is the ports. If the ports of call are beautiful then you will want to go back, if they are dumps then you won’t have a great impression. So it is a good idea to go on the cruise line’s website and watch the port videos and read the reviews.

I love cursing because on one trip you can see lots of different places and take fun tours and excursions and then at night experience fine dining and entertainment on board. They have rooms within every budget, the balcony suits are great and a preference of mine.

What do you guys think about cruises?

Print Page | Close Window