Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70989
Printed Date: May 14 2024 at 6:20am

Topic: Miley Cyrus blonde
Posted By: HAWG
Subject: Miley Cyrus blonde
Date Posted: July 15 2012 at 9:25pm
She tweeted this picture earlier today.  I think she looks great as a brunette; I don't understand why she does this.

-------------
HAWG

Replies:
Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 12:15am

I have no problem with her hair -- and that nose ring just adds so much to her beauty, doesn't it? I swear she could work at our local McDonald's, which must give its female employees a bonus for additional piercings.

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: bob&pixieLOVER
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 10:27am
i just hope that she dyes it enough that she has to cut it short! - kinda like the blonde look though! and the nose ring is sorta cool too...

Posted By: trout
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 11:13am
Not generally a fan of the blonde hollywood look but this is really nice.

I do not want to generalize but think one of the defining differences between the long hair/short hair lovers on these boards is that short hair fans more often are attracted to the transformative qualities of hair, beauty, and looks. I love the nose ring. Love the new hair because it has the feel of authentic self expression. I don't see it as pandering to the trends or shallow. It is fun to try to change and define yourself and Miley looks to me like she is doing a good job of not being a child star but still being pretty.

There are others that I just don't buy it on. I think all those things work if they are authentic and look cheesy if they are forced.

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 1:16pm
Trout, couldn't agree more on everything.  Not a big fan, but this does look good on her.

And while obviously I prefer shorter hair, there are a number of women who look great with long hair.  What bores me is a women who has worn the same style forever.  Jane Seymour comes immediately to mind.

One woman I particularly like to follow is Jessica Alba.  While she currently has long hair & is gorgeous, at some point I know she will cut it shorter & look even more gorgeous.

Posted By: texdillo
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 2:41pm
I think the blond looks great on her. I'm also a big fan of celeb chameleons as well, anyone who's daring enough to change it up for that matter.

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 5:35pm
I hate to say it, but I do like her in shorter hair, regardless of the color.  Notice the thick white accent piece right near the crown?  Interesting.  That is almost pure white.  Bleach white. 

I'm wondering if she's getting ready to go some wild color like Katy Perry did.  Or if she's just trying to get attention.  Celebs know that the top attention getters are:

1. Hair change - color, length
2.  Getting engaged, married, divorced, new love interest
3.  Having a baby

Below is a photo from People Magazine.  She looks much better here although I'm undecided about the blonde.  I'm taking a wait & see.

Miley%20Cyrus%20Blonde

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 8:40pm

I like her with darker hair; it looked more natural on her, it was rich and made her look softer. I liked the longer hair as well; this hair cut makes her hair look a bit thinner and plain while her longer wavy hair looked full and beautiful.

Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 10:39pm
OK, second look: The dark eyebrows sure clash with the blonde hair. And her lips look different. Is it possible she had something done to her lips and wants to distract us from that with the blonde hair? Or is she just pouting for the camera?

-------------

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: July 16 2012 at 11:22pm
I think the in the People article she jokes about using the pouty lips because that's what blondes are expected to do (she calls them frog lips or something). So it may be a bit of intentional posing.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: August 05 2012 at 7:31pm
Blonder today

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 2:10am
Uber Blonde...a bit too light for me...

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 11:39am
Something in her pose there reminds me of an Olsen twin....

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Posted By: texdillo
Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 11:45am
Ditto... but still have to admit I like the blonde.

Posted By: lovebobs
Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 12:23pm
I LOVE it on Miley and I am way more of a brunette fan on any and everyone!

-------------
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 12:24pm
I have to say though, she is totally frying her hair, might have to do a Michelle Williams later on... that would look killer on her!

-------------

Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 3:46pm
Photo shoot for Marie Claire:

http://img23.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=1SYMKML9LR_bscap7977.jpg">  

-------------

Date Posted: August 06 2012 at 7:29pm
I think she's gone way too blonde also.  Here's a link to the article

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/08/06/miley-cyrus-haircut-short-blonde/ - http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/08/06/miley-cyrus-haircut-short-blonde/

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 8:55pm
And for those of you who thought she'd go the Michelle Williams route... You were not far off. There are two pics on her Twitter account -- one is pretty bad, but I think it actually looks kind of cute in
https://twitter.com/MileyCyrus/status/234826536442814465/photo/1/large - this one.

Posted By: JohnnyQuest
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 9:36pm
Here are a few more pics, kinda like the cut and color, suits her!

http://img206.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=818587240_1_122_582lo.jpg

http://img245.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=819242648_miley_cyrus_new_hair_5yPjjG5_122_120lo.jpg

https://twitter.com/MileyCyrus/status/234826536442814465/photo/1

Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 9:40pm
This one shows what a hack job this haircut really is

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Native
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

This one shows what a hack job this haircut really is

No, it doesn't. There's nothing wrong with haircut, technically - it's just not supposed to lay that way. That's only a hack job if you consider any haircut that doesn't look perfect at all times (like when you roll out of bed) a hack job.

Not liking the style is another thing, but it's not poorly cut.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 10:24pm
I like it, granted it needs to be styled properly but she looks really cute.  I am shocked she cut it that short though.

Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 10:57pm
i really like it! disconnected cuts are always cool!

never thought she would go this short, but im so glad she did! too awesome!

Posted By: Michael1
Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 1:24am
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/miley-cyrus-new-hair-cut.jpg - Good pic

Posted By: orangenoise
Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 5:38am
OMG- I love it!!!!!

Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 8:13am
HOLY SH*T, I never in a million years thought Miley would do this!!! I think its brave, fun but I still cant believe it!! WOW! Looks decent!

-------------

Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 8:18am

-------------

Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 8:18am
Is the back BUZZED????

-------------

Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 10:21am
think the back probably is buzzed. it looks like an undercut which is in fashion at the moment! love it love it love it! never liked miley much before, but defo liking this!

Posted By: bnbivi00
Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 10:41am
So, what are the chances that this is a wig? Just curious.... I just don't see her doing this!?!?!

-------------
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by bnbivi00 bnbivi00 wrote:

So, what are the chances that this is a wig? Just curious.... I just don't see her doing this!?!?!

NO chance that longer hair could be tucked under this clipper fiasco. To me, this is a man's haircut, and a bad one at that. BTW, this does NOT surprise me coming from the newly burnished, trampy image of Miley. Madonna, move over.

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 11:11am
Good for her!  She is what?  19?  If you want to do something very different, 19 is the perfect age...there is no TV show or movie she has to keep er hair a certain length for.  If she likes it, the I like it! 

Date Posted: August 13 2012 at 11:23am
After seeing more and more pictures, I LOVE IT!! I totally think its young, hip and FUN. She has had long hair forever, I know she has wanted short hair forever too, so there ya go! I hope she takes the top shorter and totally does the Michelle Williams. I wish MORE people would be brave. I know one day she will have long hair again and this will be a memory. I think this is what Katharine McPhee tried to do a few years ago but its does not always work for everyone, I do think it works for Miley!

-------------

Posted By: trout
Date Posted: August 14 2012 at 9:58am
The more I think about it the more I think this is going to be a really interesting move to watch. Miley didn't just cut her hair she really embracing it. She timed it to happen with her debut on 2 1/2 men which is a really different audience. She's going to be reintroduced to a completely new audience in a completely new light, looking way more like the hot girl at the nordstrom makeup counter than the teen queen.

Will be interesting to see if she successfully transitions from child to adult artist and how much of a role this image change plays in that.

Posted By: Michael1
Date Posted: August 14 2012 at 4:08pm
I'm sure Miley doesn't care but Instagram isn't the way to get the most flattering pictures. Emma Watson's first picture was done professionally.

Print Page | Close Window