Print Page | Close Window

Chick-fil-A - Are You For Or Against?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Foodies - Recipes, Cheap Eats, Trucks, Etc.,
Forum Name: Restaurant Reviews
Forum Description: Share Your Restaurant Scoops
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=71057
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:30pm

Topic: Chick-fil-A - Are You For Or Against?
Posted By: jenny12
Subject: Chick-fil-A - Are You For Or Against?
Date Posted: July 25 2012 at 1:29pm

I used to like eating at Chick-fil-A but now that Chick-fil-A has come out officially against gay marriage, many of my family and friends - most not gay - will not eat there and are boycotting.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chick-fil-gay-marriage-201108120--finance.html

Recently the mayor of Boston came out against Chick-fil-A building in his city.  He officially told the restaurant chain based in Atlanta, Georgia not to bother even trying to build there since he would make sure it would be virtually impossible for them to get all the necessary permits.

Many celebrities have been vocal against their anger at Chick-fil-A's announcement condemning gay marriage.

What's your thoughts?  Will you still eat there and don't care about the political debate or will you avoid the chain on principle?

Replies:
Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: July 26 2012 at 11:58pm

Well I live in Toronto and we do not have this restaurant but I have heard about it and I have tried it once on a visit to the States. I have to say I did not like the food and I usually do not go to fast food places as they are unhealthy and I do not consider them restaurants nor is the food usually good in my opinion.

That being said with regards to the company being against gay marriage I don`t think they should have made any statement at all about this matter. This has nothing to do with their food or the fast food industry and service at all, why are they making statements about marriage and against people`s personal choices and lifestyles? It seems like a foolish thing to do since the issue has nothing to do with their business and the opinions of a few people at the head of or in higher positions within the company does not reflect the opinions and attitudes of all their workers nor does it reflect anything to do with the food or service.

Print Page | Close Window