Print Page | Close Window

Breaking hair, please help... no answers yet

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=71566
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 6:37pm

Topic: Breaking hair, please help... no answers yet
Posted By: Crisd99
Subject: Breaking hair, please help... no answers yet
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 11:25am

Hello! I'm in a desperate state. I'm a 26-year-old female and for over a year my hair has been breaking about 2 inches from the scalp. I originally thought it was falling out but it's breaking (apparently). I basically have a mullet because it breaks near the top of my head.

I've been to hairdressers - 1 put me on Vitamin B complex, which I've been on for about a year, and another put me on Silica gel which I've taken daily for 8 months. I've also taken multivitamins for about 2 years.

I've also been to my GP, who did a blood test that came back normal, including my thyroid.

Facts:

- I have never coloured my hair

- I wash my hair only about 3 times a week, using Nioxin (about a year on this as well) and no conditioner

- I use Redken leave-in for fine hair

_ I barely ever brush

- My hair used to be quite wavy, but about the same time as I started losing it it went straight with a few messed up kinks here and there.

- I don't curl my hair, and for a long time I didn't straighten it either. Now I want to do SOMETHING because it looks so shootty. But it won't....

- My hair won't hold curls, even with curling gel and hairspray (I live in Toronto, Canada.... so not exactly a humid place)

- My hair also won't stay straight. Kinks I straighten out in the morning with a super Chi straightener (that I rarely use because of the breaking) kink up again in about an hour. In Toronto.

Does anyone know where I can go for help? I'm so upset over this, I really am...

-------------
Cris

Replies:
Posted By: S.Larson
Date Posted: August 05 2013 at 3:17am
Hi Cris!
Do you use some good conditioner? I think your hair breakage is due to less or no use of any conditioner. If You don't want to use any chemical-oriented conditioner, I recommend you to use Egg yolks, coconut oil or Jojoba Oil in order to make your hair well-conditioned. you can Rinse it after a couple of hours. This tip is really helpful for kinky hair, So, try it freely!

-------------
S.Larson

Posted By: Crisd99
Date Posted: August 05 2013 at 8:53am
Thanks for your reply. I use Nioxin conditioner now and have for about 7 months. I leave it in for 3-5 minutes as directed and then rinse. It hasn't seemed to make a difference.

Since writing that post nothing improved. I went to a dermatologist and he put me on Rogaine foam, which isn't a viable option for me because it sticks in your hair. It also doesn't seem to address breakage.

So 2 months ago I cut all my hair off. I had no choice - everything was breaking after the three inch mark, like my body won't support my hair past that length for some unknown reason. I gave up :(

-------------
Cris

Posted By: S.Larson
Date Posted: August 05 2013 at 10:11am
`Never Give up!` Keep this advice always in your mind. you need to fight against this problem, because hair are the most important weapons of one`s beauty. I recommend you to Forget every thing and try the above mentioned tip of mine to use oils`massage regularly.This will certainly less the rate of your hair loss. So, be brave and keep trying natural ways. I will keep on sharing helpful tips with you.

-------------
S.Larson

Posted By: huqh123
Date Posted: August 11 2013 at 3:42am
yes, keep good mood and try your best to protect hair. thanks

Posted By: sushil1
Date Posted: February 09 2014 at 10:59am
I highly recommend you for bio hair treatment because its impact on cause of hair loss

-------------
Bio Hair Treatment

Posted By: supernicolas
Date Posted: April 15 2014 at 8:11pm
Sometimes when the hair is breaking at the length it can be caused by a very dry shampoo
Why dont you try soaking your hair in oil like almond oil ( i ve been doing that lately and it help a lot) also a shampoo and conditioner for dry hair, not dry scalp but dry lengths like after sun products, Kerastaz are doing some good ones

Print Page | Close Window