Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=71595
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:50am

Topic: Charlize Theron shaves head
Posted By: longhaircare
Subject: Charlize Theron shaves head
Date Posted: November 01 2012 at 11:50am
Heard a rumor that Charlize Theron shaved her head for the new Mad Max movie.  Has anyone seen any pics?  

Replies:
Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: November 01 2012 at 3:03pm
I'm afraid that's old news. She did, months ago, but apparently wanted to grow it out immediately. Just waiting for new pics now.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: Native
Date Posted: November 01 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

I'm afraid that's old news. She did, months ago, but apparently wanted to grow it out immediately. Just waiting for new pics now.

She may have wanted to, but the movies are still filming, so she's presumably still buzzed.

Posted By: xxxzvp
Date Posted: November 02 2012 at 3:37am
I can't believe that a decent picture of her with a buzzcut still has not surfaced.

Posted By: longhaircare
Date Posted: November 02 2012 at 9:04am
Sorry, didn't know it was old news. My friend just told me about it the other day.

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: November 04 2012 at 12:49am
Yes, we discussed this a lot in the "Charlize Theron" thread months ago when she cut it. Soon after there were a few paparazzi shots out of her out wearing a hat and  you could tell she she had a buzz. Apparently she's not happy with the look, though. I Google her almost weekly and there's been no new shots of her since. She's obviously lying low until it grows out some. I hope she's acting in something-- even with a wig.

Posted By: Ginny Skinny
Date Posted: November 04 2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Ricc Ricc wrote:

Yes, we discussed this a lot in the "Charlize Theron" thread months ago when she cut it. Soon after there were a few paparazzi shots out of her out wearing a hat and  you could tell she she had a buzz. Apparently she's not happy with the look, though. I Google her almost weekly and there's been no new shots of her since. She's obviously lying low until it grows out some. I hope she's acting in something-- even with a wig.
From interviews I've seen with Theron she appears to be the adventurous type with a personality to easily carry off a radical new look. Can't see her hiding out in the basement waiting for her hair to grow. Don't forget, she wore her hair in a very short pixie in the movie The Astronaut's Wife (and looked fabulous). There are plenty of pics of her out and about with that style. A buzz wouldn't be that much more radical.
I wonder if her low profile is the studio's idea to keep her character's look under wraps until closer to the release of the film.

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 5:02pm
Very recent picture of her in Africa

I'm thinking this proves she's not a natural blonde, but we all knew that, right?

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 5:52pm
Thought it would be longer than this by now.

Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

I swear to god, it's as if my post was invisible.

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 9:23pm
Sorry, kids. This is one time where the hair makes the woman. Charlize needs hair.

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: texdillo
Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 10:23pm
What's up with her complexion or is it just a bad pic?

Date Posted: November 20 2012 at 12:45am
Originally posted by texdillo texdillo wrote:

What's up with her complexion or is it just a bad pic?

My guess would be that's some sort of scarring make up for the movie - that's a lunch pic, so probably on a break and didn't want to take it off.

Date Posted: November 20 2012 at 5:32am
Ha Ha,  Sorry (Invisible) Native, I didn't scroll back far enough

Date Posted: November 20 2012 at 5:05pm

Originally posted by Native Native wrote:

I swear to god, it's as if my post was invisible.

Yep..you called it early and correctly.

Date Posted: November 21 2012 at 11:19am
Hair and makeup can certainly make a big difference in one's appearance. In that pic Charlize looks more masculine than some guys I know.

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: November 23 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Obviously, at some point, probably in October, she had it re-buzzed. Maybe filming wasn't finished, but then again she may have gotten what I call a reinforcement cut, proving (in her mind) that what she did was a good decision. But, I agree with Kramer that it never should have been cut the first time.

Date Posted: November 24 2012 at 4:50pm
Another picture

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: November 28 2012 at 9:02am
Kind of shows up a nascent double chin. Yep, she definitely needs hair!

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: November 29 2012 at 11:22pm

... Yep, she definitely needs hair!

If ever there was a women who needed hair. Young guys the world over must be ripping posters off the wall.

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: December 16 2012 at 2:16pm

Date Posted: January 12 2013 at 10:49am

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: January 12 2013 at 1:59pm
Now that's Charlize with short hair!  Stunning!

Date Posted: January 12 2013 at 6:06pm
Thanks to both of you for finding the new pictures. I love the first one. The second one looks to me to be full on grow out mode. Like getting length going as fast as possible. I'd love to see her play around with some really precisely tapered pixie cuts before growing it back.
Sadly, she hasn't called to see what I think.

Date Posted: January 12 2013 at 11:48pm
Looks suspiciously black given grey was showing on the buzz.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: January 13 2013 at 1:26pm
I'm still wondering when she's going to go blonde again.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: January 17 2013 at 12:08pm
We'll see you back in about a year, Charlize.

Date Posted: February 01 2013 at 6:41pm
Still growing

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: February 02 2013 at 8:10am
And still looking great! 

Posted By: P-nut gallery
Date Posted: February 02 2013 at 10:59am
I love how TMZ likened her current look to Justin Biebers...and they were right on, which means either Charlize does look like a boy...or Bieber looks like a very short haired woman...or both in big sunglasses.

Date Posted: February 17 2013 at 9:29am
Back to blonde

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 7:17pm
Tonight at the Oscars

She looks awesome!

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 7:23pm
Tonight was one of her best looks ever, in my opinion. I'd have no complaints if she kept this style for a while.

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 8:06pm
STUNNING

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 9:19pm
I'll third that! She looked absolutely amazing!

I don't know if it was just for tonight, but the back looked like it had been recently trimmed.

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 9:59pm
A better view

I like the fact that she's still having it tapered somewhat around the hairline vice just letting it all grow out at once; this is a style I personally adore.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: February 27 2013 at 10:41pm
The way I look at it is Charlize had her head shaved for a movie. It's grown back some. And you guys love it. You guys enjoy picking on us longhair lovers, but there's no way it looks better than before the shave -- unless you only like short hair. Here's a comparison I saw today:

Charlize%20Theron

-------------

Posted By: HeadBoy
Date Posted: February 27 2013 at 11:12pm
With all due respect, it surely does look better. It frames her face, shows off her gorgeous neck and ears. I have nothing against long hair, or long hair lovers, But In my opinion, she looks far better with short hair.

-------------
Peace to all

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: February 27 2013 at 11:20pm
You know what it tells me? That Charlize could look good with any length hair, from a shaved dome to hair down to the floor, and everything in-between

Posted By: P-nut gallery
Date Posted: February 28 2013 at 12:43am
i think the point is it's a DIFFERENT look that she pulls off,  and not everyone can so well.

Date Posted: February 28 2013 at 2:57am
Now she's older, the ultra short doesn't work for her so well as at the time of "The Astronaut's Wife".

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: February 28 2013 at 10:35am
"You guys"... The mud slings both ways Kramer. I do prefer mid-length to short styles on most women but also appreciate beautiful long hair (Alyssa Milano to name one). I just don't think many have great looking long hair - including Charlize. She's beautiful long or short but rocks short hair... and I don't think she's getting too old to pull it off fatmoogas.

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: February 28 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

The way I look at it is Charlize had her head shaved for a movie. It's grown back some. And you guys love it. You guys enjoy picking on us longhair lovers, but there's no way it looks better than before the shave -- unless you only like short hair. Here's a comparison I saw today:

[IMG]http://www.dailymakeover.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/charlize_theronBA_Polls_400x300_2.png" alt="Charlize%20Theron" />

The irony of Kramer posting one of the coolest pics this short hair fan has ever seen on this bard is off the charts.
Thank you Kramer.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 3:17am

"You guys"... The mud slings both ways Kramer. I do prefer mid-length to short styles on most women but also appreciate beautiful long hair (Alyssa Milano to name one). I just don't think many have great looking long hair - including Charlize. She's beautiful long or short but rocks short hair... and I don't think she's getting too old to pull it off fatmoogas.

You think she looks as good now with this style as at the time of Astronaut's Wife? Sorry--but no way.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 11:17am

Now she's older, the ultra short doesn't work for her so well as at the time of "The Astronaut's Wife".

IMO, unlike Halle Berry, I think that the short hair still looks pretty good on her. But the stark side part makes it look masculine. Sleepy

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

IMO, unlike Halle Berry, I think that the short hair still looks pretty good on her. But the stark side part makes it look masculine. [IMG]smileys/smiley12.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Sleepy" />

I agree with that. Actually, I agree with everyone a little bit. I agree that her long hair is pretty uninspiring coming into the "thin and stringy" category. I also agree her pixie at the time of Astronaut's Wife looked good. However, I just feel that she has gotten heavier in the intervening years and long hair now looks better on her than ultra short.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 2:32pm
lol... Astronaut's Wife was 14 years ago, nothing looks or works as well as it did then! I don't look or work as well as I did back then.

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 4:01pm

lol... Astronaut's Wife was 14 years ago, nothing looks or works as well as it did then! I don't look or work as well as I did back then.

At 37, Charlize is still in her beauty prime. I think that she will look as gorgeous as ever if she grows it back out. Wink Bob

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 4:07pm
That was tongue-in-cheek! I think she looks hot now, no "if" about it.

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 7:49pm
In this article, she says that shaving her head for the role was "Great."

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2013/07/29/charlize-theron-shaved-head-pixie-cut/ - http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2013/07/29/charlize-theron-shaved-head-pixie-cut/

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 10:27pm
That pic on the right is so HOT!

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 8:29am
Slicked down a big no... the other pic a big yes... even at her advanced age, lol.

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 10:07am
Not sure the pic on the left is recent.*

*Oops...I meant right.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 3:39pm
Sorry, it IS recent.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: August 07 2013 at 11:59am
This was taken on Monday of this week

BTW, today is her birthday.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: August 07 2013 at 1:10pm
She is tall and gorgeous. The hair looks lovely.

-------------
Peace to all

Posted By: orangenoise
Date Posted: August 10 2013 at 6:27am
Damn - she looks good

Date Posted: August 10 2013 at 10:50am
Seems a bit thinner.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: October 05 2013 at 2:16pm
http://upix.me/files/q5PbgN/#Charlize_Theron_Arriving_at_Varietys_5th_Annual_Power_of_Women_Event_in_Beverly_Hills_October_4_2013_02-10052013162121000000.jpg">

-------------

Date Posted: October 05 2013 at 10:08pm
Still sexy

Posted By: Michael1
Date Posted: October 18 2013 at 4:21pm
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Charlize+Theron+Wallis+Annenberg+Center+Performing+E2X7gLhBIUvl.jpg - on the grow

Date Posted: November 18 2014 at 7:24pm
Look how long it is now

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: November 18 2014 at 8:16pm
So disappointing. She looked ravishing with short hair. She's still gorgeous, just not as much.

-------------
Peace to all

Date Posted: November 19 2014 at 1:13pm
Cute

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: November 19 2014 at 1:44pm
Plain. Better short.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: November 19 2014 at 2:47pm
Much better. I hated the buzzed look on her. Clap

Date Posted: November 20 2014 at 11:52am
Thank God. It looks great. If I were her I'd do like Demi Moore after she shaved hers for G.I. Jane-- grow it really long and keep it that way.

Date Posted: November 20 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Ricc Ricc wrote:

Thank God. It looks great. If I were her I'd do like Demi Moore after she shaved hers for G.I. Jane-- grow it really long and keep it that way.

Demi has great hair but Charlize's is kind of like straw.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 11:03am

Demi has great hair but Charlize's is kind of like straw.

With the right tender loving care she could pull it off. Hair is pretty versatile that way.

Print Page | Close Window