Print Page | Close Window

I require some advice about cutting my hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=72090
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 2:11pm

Topic: I require some advice about cutting my hair
Posted By: ClaraBow
Subject: I require some advice about cutting my hair
Date Posted: January 16 2013 at 10:50pm
Hello!
It's summer here where I am and it is painfully hot and it's come to the point where my hair is nothing but a nuisance, so I think I might like to cut it off. My problem arises here though in that I've only ever majorly changed my hair once, 2 years ago when I went from waist length "let it do whatever it will" hair to chin length bob. I maintained the bob for a year and a bit before letting it grow out again.
My hair is really thick and I have a large face (I've got pictures below) so I have no idea what I should do. I'm also not too keen on colouring or chemically straightening/curling my hair because six months ago I dyed my hair and that resulted in some of the worst pain I've ever felt (and I have the scars on my head to prove it). Since then I've avoided all chemicals including commercial shampoos - I make my own.

Anyhow, with regards to boundaries, any length is fine (though I am trying to get a job so nothing too crazy, but a little crazy is good)
and that's about it, I have no clue what looks good with my face because with my short hair my mother adamantly hated it, and everyone else seemed to like it, so I don't really know whether it looked good or not. And now I've got a miniature version of what I've had since I was six, and I look close enough to 12 normally so I'll do anything to change that.

(I don't do photographs ordinarily  as you can probably notice)

That's my hair (and a displeased expression)

My face (or alternately a deer in headlights)

and an unfortunately necessary profile.

Any help is good help!
Taa

Replies:
Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: January 17 2013 at 5:19am
I think you would look amazing in something very short (like Anne Hathaway) though that is probably more severe than you wanted.  I would stay away from bob lengths, just don't think that is your best bet. 
Is your hair thick?  Maybe thinning it out would help.

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: January 18 2013 at 4:58pm
I think you just need more of a style. Maybe get a cut that thins it out a bit like the poster above suggested but I don't think you need to go much shorter than what it is. It's hard to suggest a specific style but if I were you I would look around for something you like. Magazines, the Internet...you can gain inspiration from anywhere.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window