Print Page | Close Window

Peace in the Personals

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Personals
Forum Description: Find others that share your interests in hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7302
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:20pm

Topic: Peace in the Personals
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Peace in the Personals
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
How sweet!I guess we _can_ all "just get along." :-)(No, I haven't a clue what happened, which is just as well.)From my own perspective, yes I have a hair fetish, and yes I know how difficult it can be to resolve the issue of moderating the natural emotional response that is felt towards long beautiful hair vs the respectfulness that is _required_ in not making that the sole focus of our interactions with those women who choose to wear their hair long.This had been discussed at length on this board earlier in the year (March/April/May), and I guess it's a subject destined to be discussed ad naseum for ever and ever and ever.I don't know at what point each fetishist may "get it," and learn to address each woman as a distinct, unique individual. The "epiphany" strikes each person at different times, and perhaps it requires a significant emotional event to act as the catalyst for obtaining "enlightenment." I also do not wish to be disrespectful in associating youthful enthusiasm with immaturity, but a balance of perspective with self-control and understanding does come from personal growth and maturity. Patience, guys - patience.And if I haven't bored everyone to tears yet with my soap-boxing, then allow me one more point, please: for many women, "fetish" is associated with "threat" because a few individuals are disrespectful, aggressive or sometimes simply thoughtless. A few people can spoil it for the many. Let us please be nice, and let us be respectful, okay?Thank you for your time and patience.--Bruce

Replies: