Print Page | Close Window

My Feminine Hubby

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=77351
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:54pm

Topic: My Feminine Hubby
Posted By: Kim1985
Subject: My Feminine Hubby
Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 4:03pm
 Hi everyone, I know that there have been several topics on guys with girlish hair and I have read them all with much interest but it seems as though the subject has become kind of stale so I thought I would give it a try. My husband and I met in college and I was immediately attracted to him and his beautiful hair. By the time we were both seniors I knew I had met my soul mate. He let me play with his hair at first but after a while he knew it was best to just let me have my way with it. It was shoulder length when we met but in our senior year it was at least 3 or 4 inches past his shoulders and that was with keeping the ends trimmed and neat. I introduced him to everything from rollers to all kinds of hair clamps and bands. Today (6 years later) his hair is mid-back length with beautiful layering. He did have bangs but we grew them out so they would sweep to the side. His sides are now cut even with his jaw and the crown is at his shoulders and the rest is mid-back. He does wear it a lot in a pony tail (a high one) but with the layering he has to use lots of clamps and bobby pins and it looks so awesome! It is fair to say that my husband is a feminine male and seems to love everything it has to offer. Yes, we have expanded to other things but the center of it all is and always will be his hair. I would love to hear from other gals that share this with their boyfriend/husband.

-------------
Kim

Replies:
Posted By: Dawn-P
Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 7:48pm
Hi Kim and welcome to the board. I have not posted much here but have used PM with people. You can bring up all my posts and read my story. The only difference now is I married my fem guy and there just is nothing like it (I'm sure you already know thatSmile). It is fun to do his hair and such (we paint each other's toes every Thursday nightEmbarrassed). I would love to hear more about you guys so fire away. You need to understand that there are lots of fem guys here and they have interesting stories to share too.

-------------
Dawn

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 2:51pm
Hi Dawn, I just love what you said about painting each others toes. I picture that as being so cute! Does he let you help with his hair or do you have to practically tackle him and tie him in a chair. Morgan is at the point now where he expects me to take care of it and that is never a problem. I was trying to look up all your posts like you said but I must be doing something wrong or in the wrong place to look. Could you help me out?

-------------
Kim

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: September 14 2013 at 11:15am
Well, Kim, it's possible to look up someone's posts by clicking their name, then clicking the "search" button by "Find Posts:". There may be some restrictions on new members, though. If so, you just have to make a few more posts.

I guess I qualify as one of those guys, though I've not labelled myself in any way. I've always loved wearing long hair and decidely feminine styles, though I've always walked the line of gender ID, I suppose. I've worn it in countless styles and almost to my waist, though these days I like it a bit longer than shoulder length. I'm a bit old fashioned do the occasional roller set for a smooth look. My only regret is not ever hooking up with a lady like you and Dawn. Your guys are very lucky.

Date Posted: September 14 2013 at 2:07pm
Kim.....Ricc is correct and you can also click on the Memberlist icon above the login section and then type in someone's name in the appropriate space and enter and then go to the "enter date" and click "any" and it will show all posts of the person you entered. If you want to be more private then just use PM format....you will for sure get some with this topic. Could you share with us just how Morgan came to having beautiful hair before you met him? One of my best friends from school got her own salon plus she knew Brian so he was very comfortable going to her. It took a while but he will get a roller set in the salon now and think nothing of it.
Ricc.....don't give up on finding a girl that is interested in your feminine side. I promise you they are out there and usually they will let you know once you make contact. Go where girls go and mingle with them...good luck!

-------------
Dawn

Date Posted: September 15 2013 at 10:23pm
Yes there is a story about Morgan's feminine hair prior to our meeting. When he was almost 3 his father was killed in as accident and that just left Morgan and his 2 older sisters and their mother. Later he asked his mother if he could have long hair like his sisters and she eventually agreed but told his sisters that they had to help him take care of it since she spent most of her time working and they agreed. Since that day he has only used a salon for his cuts and styles and has never been back to a barber shop. His mother told me this story. Today his family knows about the things we have expanded to and always do a good job making him feel ok about it. I get along well with all of them.
I read your story Dawn about you and Brian and loved every bit of it. It also gives me a sense of calm and relief with the things Morgan and I experiment with. I would also like to add here that I agree with you with your advice to Ricc. I know their are guys that prefer the feminine side of life and they should all keep trying to find that special girl that wants and enjoys what they do, don't give up!

-------------
Kim

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: September 17 2013 at 11:29am
Thanks for the encouragement Kim and Dawn. I guess I need to prioritize more time for meeting women and such. I'm one of those people who loses themselves in work way too much.

It's good to hear from you again, Dawn. Looking at your posts I see you got married somewhere in there. You told some great "hair stories" before. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love a detailed update.

Kim, I do have to envy Morgan for getting to grow his hair and start styling it so early in life. My dad was very anti-long hair when I was young, so I couldn't do that. My heart was with it, though, and throughout my adolescence I often imagined wearing feminine styles and doing my hair. The very day I moved away from home I picked up a set of rollers and started doing it, even before it was very long. Except for one period of working at a more conservative business when I wore shorter more masculine cut,  most of my life I've worn it long and styled it in feminine styles. I've always found people tend to be more accepting of a guy with long hair if it looks really good-- even if it look good in a feminine way.

Date Posted: September 17 2013 at 7:16pm
Yea Ricc there have been lots of progress with Brian and his hair. Since we have been married it just seems like he actually wants to move forward with what we do. What a difference from the first 6 months we had met. One summer he was bobbed all summer and even kept his appointments to keep his shape (very short in the back). In my opinion a girlish bob is probably the most feminine style a guy can have. When they have long hair there is so much you can do with it and if they don't feel girlish sometimes then wear it like other guys wear long hair but there is no hiding a bob. Right now he is back to his favorite length which is maybe 4" past his shoulders. This leaves lots of options when we want to play with it. He works in an office and the other 2 guys that were there have moved to other offices and so now the girls there encourage him to wear it in feminine styles. I have become good friends with his office manager and she will call me sometimes and we will talk about Brian's hair and how to fix it for the next day. And then there is my family (Mom and 2 sisters) and they fuss over his hair and my sisters even play with it when ever they can so there is a lot of encouragement for him and this helps. It is sad that your dad would not let you grow yours out but glad to see you were able to live your life the way you wanted later on. I will send you a PM one day and tell you about some of the other things Brian has expanded to....since this is a hair site I think it best just to discuss that in the open here.  

-------------
Dawn

Date Posted: September 23 2013 at 9:17pm
Ricc, just a note of encouragement, I believe there are more girls out there that would be interested in you than you think. I see how some of my GFs react around Morgan when we get together. And even the girl's at my work that have met him talk about him a lot when we have lunch. You need to be yourself and I bet you will find your soul mate. You don't want to keep dating a girl and have a serious relationship and keep everything from her. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us posted (use PM if you want to keep it private).
(Hugs)

-------------
Kim

Posted By: jamiejenj
Date Posted: January 27 2014 at 7:54am
im a guy with feminine bobbed hair and love to dress like a girl. If your interested let me know. email is jamiejenj@yahoo.com

Posted By: BobbedAtLast
Date Posted: March 03 2014 at 2:30pm
Dawn,

I am a guy who has worn long and feminine styles for many years.  I like your comments about the bob since I had my long hair cut to an angled, stacked bob (see my avatar image), and I love it.  And, you are right--there is no hiding a bob!  I tucked it back some at first but I wear it "down" now 99% of the time.  I added highlights (after the avatar pic) until it is now very blonde, with the dark base as in the pic, and I have the short, stacked area in back dyed black for a real great look that I like on girls with bobs.

I am straight and married but do have this thing for long hair!  I also went back to wearing earring--I love how they are "peek-a-boo" under my bob.  My favorite is 2-3" hoops in the front holes and ball studs in the middle and back holes, but I wear all kinds including dangles, etc.

It is fun to have a bob and I not planning to change it anytime soon, if ever!

BobbedAtLast

Posted By: sarahelizabeth
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 6:52am
Hi my name is Sarah and I'm transgendered. I love this site first off. I'm 38 and recently came out to my family just over a year ago. Well I gradually started doing more fem things to my appearance and I found that works best. My hair was a very short style but now I sport a stacked bob that's permed and blonde with lowlights several colors.   I love mine. If anyone wants to chat give me a ring. I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic here. If anyone knows how I'd love some help. Bye for now.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 7:57am
Hi I have a girls blunt chin length bob with wide blunt bangs. thinking of getting a angled bob with bangs my next appt

Posted By: BobbedAtLast
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:32pm
I have created a Facebook page for us guys with bobs.  You can search for "Gus with Bobs" and Like it.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 7:02pm
I think you should go for it. Be yourself and I'm sure your hair will look great that way.    I'm going for an asymmetrical cut myself when it's long enough.

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 7:20pm
thanks sarah. I'm going to do it. My hair is going to be sooo pretty.

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:41pm
Exactly if it makes you feel good do it. I'm sure it'll be lovely.

Print Page | Close Window