Print Page | Close Window

spikey hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Personals
Forum Description: Find others that share your interests in hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7907
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 12:43pm

Topic: spikey hair
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: spikey hair
Date Posted: August 30 2004 at 8:10pm
My hair is shoulder length at the moment but plan on cutting it short dis week before school starts. I wanna be able to spike my hair but in the past attempts my hair jus falls flat n very unlively. my hair is naturally wavy but i straighten my hair daily with a flat iron. I have thin wavy asian hair and need any advice so that I can spike my hair or at least keep it up. you can email me directly @ fob_chinastar@hotmail.com. Thank you

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 31 2004 at 4:19am
Spiking thin hair is probably not the best idea, though-- it can make your scalp much more visible. But if you really want to keep your hair standing up, I can tell you I made part of my hair stand straight up for a costume, with lots of time, patience, and about a ton of gel and super-hold hairspray. It was so stiff, I had to wash it before I went to bed that night, for fear sleeping on it might crack it right off or something :-P . I've also heard about people using glue to keep spikes up, both special hair glue and plain white glue. Apparently that works pretty well for a lot of people.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Print Page | Close Window