Print Page | Close Window

Shampoo help

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Other Marketplace Products
Forum Description: Questions & Answers about Marketplace products.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7950
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:39am

Topic: Shampoo help
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Shampoo help
Date Posted: August 26 2003 at 2:07pm
My hair is very dry,at the ends, can someone recomend a gentle shampoo I can use? The ends starting to look very bad even though I use good deep conditioners . I feel the shampoos are the problem.

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Mylissa
Date Posted: August 26 2003 at 3:10pm
Join 'US'...come be one of the All Soft fans!!!! It's by Redken...is wonderful product, a bonus? Smells great!!

-------------
Mylissa

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: November 02 2003 at 1:53pm
Hi,

I just got three emails in a row about dry hair and recommended products. Must be something in the environment or related to the fires or something.

Bottom line, there is no one right product to suggest. Everyone has to find their own way with the products that are best for their hair type and condition.

For example, if you have fine hair and use a heavy moisturizing shampoo and conditioner like ARTec Smoothing, you would find that it weighed your hair down terribly. However, if you tried Aveda Shampure and diluted it slightly and had fine hair, you might find that it was just the ticket you need. The same is true with some of the Redken and Paul Mitchell lines.

There are many many good lines out there and many more coming out every day. With each new product, they are targeting a specific hair type and issue. You have the new super conditioning products for thermally reconditioned hair. Some of the products like those made by Phyto and ReneFurterer would be way too conditioning for thin or fine hair. But it would be perfect for straightened hair that is becoming very dry as a result.

For dry hair, especially when the ends are dry, consider using a light shampoo that is moisturizing on the top of your head and only using a diluted amount of moisturizing shampoo SUDS on the middle and ends that are dry. The reverse the process with rinse out, leave in or deep conditioner. Concentrate the conditioners on the ends and go lighter on top.

Finally, consider using a light daily leave-in conditioner like Phyto 7 or a few drops of all natural jojoba oil and lightly run your moistened fingers over the ends. This will repel moisture robbing air and environmental factors during the day and seal in any added moisture from conditioners.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Print Page | Close Window