Print Page | Close Window

Hair Loss and Hair Extensions

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8048
Printed Date: June 17 2024 at 12:20pm

Topic: Hair Loss and Hair Extensions
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Hair Loss and Hair Extensions
Date Posted: April 07 2000 at 5:43am
I recently had surgery and one of the possible post-op side effects is hair loss. Normally it starts around the 3-4 month post-op mark and has been known to carry on till the 6-8 month mark. Problem is that it has started for me and in a BIG way. When I wash my hair I get totally depressed because it looks like I am losing absolute handfuls and already I have noticed thinning at the crown and along my natural part. (Scary!!)

I (normally) have thick shoulder length dark auburn/brown hair and really don't know what to do about the hair loss. I have considered a short short cut as well as having my hair lightened so as the hair loss continues the scalp beneath won't be SO noticeable but honestly, I don't want short short hair. I have a very round face so short hair on me makes my face/head look like a bowling ball. (But then, short is better than having almost bald patches all over the place!)

The only other thing I can think of is hair extensions. But if I am losing hair, I am guessing that if I had hair extensions then I would just lose both my hair and the extension too.

Can anyone help? Advice? Ideas? I'm at a loss and need some help.

Lisa
Saiki@cheerful.com

Replies: