Print Page | Close Window

My hair situation...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8112
Printed Date: June 16 2024 at 9:45am

Topic: My hair situation...
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: My hair situation...
Date Posted: November 07 2001 at 6:34pm
It is very difficult to style my hair and do things different with it, because I have a rare obbsessive compulsive disorder called trickatellamania ( I pull out my hair). I started doing it when my grandfather died, when I was about 12, and I am 16 now. It got really bad when I was about 14, and I had really short hair on the top of my head that had grown in from being pulled out, and It was really awful looking, and impossible to do anything that looked decent with my hair. It`s alot better, and mostly grown in, long in back, but I still can`t wear my hair down. Nobody can tell when I wear my hair half up or all the way up, though. I am always looking for unique hair styles that involve putting some of the top part of my hair up (without parting it).
Also, If anyone has had this condition, or if you know anyone who has recovered from it, I would like to know. I have been in therapy for years, I`ve tried everything, and no one knows what to do anymore, and no docter has been able to help.
nother thing, does anyone know anything about hair transplants? I wonder if that could do anything for me... I only need longer hair on the top of my head.
If anyone knows anything that might help me, please e mail me. Thanks.

Replies: