Forum Name: Buy/Sell/Swap Hair
Forum Description: Buy or Sell Or Swap Hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=81746
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 4:37pm

Topic: Hair for Sale.
Posted By: bbvv
Subject: Hair for Sale.
Date Posted: August 25 2014 at 4:17pm
Hey everyone - wishing you all well this fine week of August 25th, 2014.

I'm here today to find creative ways to sell my hair.  The last time I cut my hair was 7 years ago, it grew to 68" donated to Locks Of Love.   I cut it to a very short pixie cut, since then I have not cut or trimmed it, so now it is 48" but this time I would like to sell it, as I'm a starving artist type, yes, a music composer, times are really rough for this artist right now finding new commissions while self-funding my own projects, living expenses and piling bills. 

I have read a lot about selling hair and what a HUGE industry it is, read some positive and also very, very negative things about it too.  I will have to research more about this one in particular where Locks Of Love actually sells your donated hair for a profit!  I always was under the impression that it is made into wigs and then gifted to eligible people, but I guess they might offer it at a hugely discounted rate????  Not sure yet.  Will report back if I find out anything.

When My hair was at around 48" before, I had a lot of requests from buyers and a few were willing to pay me 6 thousand in cash for it, but I was doing really well financially then and wanted to keep my hair, I knew I'd wanted to donate it.   But now I'd like to try and sell it, I'm asking between 48 - 65 hundred dollars CANADIAN Dollars for it (I'm CANADIAN).

About my hair.

48" thick almost natural jet black, virgin, mostly kept in a single huge braid down left side of shoulders, with some silver and dark brown and copper strands, natural waves the end of my braid always curls like Celtic knot so beautiful, easy to shape in any possible and imaginative way, silky and coarse mix textures.   My ethnic heritage is Vietnamese, I immigrated to Canada when I was 5 and became a citizen in '88 during the Calgary Winter OLYMPICS.   My hair is NOT PERFECT, but it is completely chemical free as you read more below.  It is heavy I don't know how much it weighs.

My diet at home is mainly vegetarian and raw as that is my Husbands diet, going out I am very conscious of where my food comes from, so only grass fed beef, local and organic when ever possible, I am very healthy, I cook with Organic extra-virgin coconut oil exclusively and water, I use Organic extra-virgin coconut oil for natural hair treatments and conditioning only, I use Aveno sensitive skin no perfumes natural products for body and hair only, there is no dairy in my diet as I am deathly allergic, I get all my protein and calcium from natural greens exclusively.  I walk a LOT and bicycle more.  I often go out to the mountains since I live in Calgary, Alberta it is easy to get to lakes and mountains year round!

If interested to buy please only send serious inquires here thanks.

For photos please visit my website provided in my profile on here or visit:

http://www.zhengjazzensemble.weebly.com - http://www.zhengjazzensemble.weebly.com

Print Page | Close Window