Print Page | Close Window

Hair Styling & Hair loss

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8221
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:42pm

Topic: Hair Styling & Hair loss
Posted By: ParadigmX
Subject: Hair Styling & Hair loss
Date Posted: December 09 2003 at 6:15pm
Few questions:

1. Are you stimulating hair loss by coloring your hair?

2. If you dry your hair by using a towel, is this bad for your hair?

3. What can you do to preserve most of your hair at a young age? Or is it all based on genetics?

4. Are you damaging/stimulating loss of hair by applying lots of wax everyday? I wax my hair everyday and I shampoo like once/week (has color protect in it)

I need major help with this. Please help out! Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: duke
Date Posted: December 11 2003 at 3:49am
If you're talking about male pattern baldness, I would think not: it's genetic.

As for losing hair, it's hard to say - depends on how harsh the chemicals are. Some old ladies have rather thin hair and while it might be female pattern baldness or something, I think it might also be from perming or dyeing hair. A neighbor who is only 25 or so seems to have lost some hair on top of her head from dyeing it. Many people do all these treatments with success, and at least some dyes today are less harsh than older dyes (eg. low peroxide, no ammonia content) but still, you're better off being natural. I've heard horror stories, especially with perms, about hair being fried or falling out. Oprah once lost all her hair after she had been flown to New York for a makeover and they gave her a perm. Chemicals are just not healthy for hair and scalp.

Posted By: ParadigmX
Date Posted: December 11 2003 at 3:45pm
I have semi-permanent highlights in my hair and my hair is very thick. Plus, I use wax frequently in my hair to style it and I have very crazy styles. Sometimes I notice strands of hair that come out. Either dead hair or by pulling the hair to style it.

What should I do? ;\

-------------

Posted By: mattvarley
Date Posted: January 05 2004 at 4:37pm
i need help aswell, i have a receading hairline, not much, but enough to notice, i have thick ish hair, i want it back, is there anything that will get it back??

-------------

Print Page | Close Window