Print Page | Close Window

Guys with traditionaly feminine styles

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8316
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 12:44am

Topic: Guys with traditionaly feminine styles
Posted By: Jamie
Subject: Guys with traditionaly feminine styles
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:42pm
I would like to know what everyone thinks about guys that like to wear longer styles that were and mostly still are considered to be feminine/girls hairstyles. In todays society where women have crew cuts and buzzcuts why is a guy still looked down upon for taking good care of his hair and having it cut and styled in a more feminine style like a bob with bangs. I love the bob style and I currently have a bob that is just below my ears with slight layering and bangs that reach my eyes. I keep getting looks and stares from people and get told that I have a girls hairstyle. It looks great to me and even my stylist said (honestly) that this bob style was right for my face shape etc and that she thought that it looked great. So why is there a double standard in hairstyles? Girls can wear short masculine styles without a second look or thought from people, but guys are bashed for wearing longer, prettier, feminine styles even though the style fits their features and looks great. I don't understand, but I love my hair and I want to grow it into a near shoulder length bob that I can turn under at the ends, pull back in accessories and change the style around but I am hesitant because of what others think. What is a guy to do?

-------------
Jamie :)

Replies: