Print Page | Close Window

A thought with some humor

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8362
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 4:12am

Topic: A thought with some humor
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: A thought with some humor
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
Sometimes I wonder if when some people go to the stylist they are put under some sort of spell that enables them to stand up for their rights.The other day I was shopping at the styling shop that was Italian based.After every haircut the owner of the shop would actually shake the person hands, or kiss or hug themNow think of it. I had to laugh when I start thinking about it. Cut your hair and get a kiss from the owner.

Replies:
Posted By: Dave
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
> Sometimes I wonder if when some people go to the> stylist they are put under some sort of spell that> enables them to stand up for their rights.I think you meant "... disables them from standing up..."Interesting question. I think one's ability to "stand up for theirrights," so to speak, is related to the firmness of one's conviction toensure that they get exactly what they want. In part, it may be becausethe stylist cannot then fail to understand that you mean business. Itdepends on the stylist, though.> The other day I was shopping at the styling shop that> was Italian based.> After every haircut the owner of the shop would> actually shake the person hands, or kiss or hug them> Now think of it. I had to laugh when I start thinking> about it. Cut your hair and get a kiss from the owner.Are you suggesting that the kiss/hug serves as reward, or motivation? :-)Sounds like a warm and friendly person. Expressions of affection arenever a bad characteristic.Dave

-------------
David M Squires