Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=83879
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 8:12am

Topic: Alanis Morissette short again
Posted By: arch94
Subject: Alanis Morissette short again
Date Posted: April 06 2018 at 10:17pm
Still looking for positive confirmation, but browsing her IG page and it sure looks like she went really short again. Was that awful blonde color recently, so maybe she cut it all off for a fresh start? I'm hoping so...loved hers short!

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Replies:
Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 8:55am
yay

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: P-nut gallery
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 12:29pm
was looking trying to find a pic..she doesn't really have the face for short hair does she? (judging from her older short hair pics.  or maybe it was just the style chosen)

Posted By: TDurden2
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 7:22pm
from her instagram acct, Alanis chopped it off around late-mid March...

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 7:37pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhPqzHElOJU/?taken-by=alanis" rel="nofollow - https://www.instagram.com/p/BhPqzHElOJU/?taken-by=alanis

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 8:33pm
Ouch!

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: April 08 2018 at 12:02pm
Shocked This cut may be more shocking, but far less disappointing than the time in 2004 when she chopped. I was  a HUGE fan of hers then, not as much now. I own a beautiful 2x3 ft. vinyl of her from those days with her sensuous hair flowing. 
Alanis is one of those women who can look gorgeous with long locks, but very plain with short. This cut, in particular, is horrid. It's a choppy 3 mo. grown-out looking manifestation of what I would have assumed was a poor cut on Day One. I see a lot of attractive short haircuts on women every day, but Alanis gets one which a child could improve upon with her Barbie doll. 
If the woman wants short hair, fine, but find someone with the talent to cut hair! LOL

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: April 09 2018 at 2:42pm
Wow, didn't realize it had been 14 years since she went from longhair icon to a face in the crowd. That was the cut that almost made me give up this site for good. Rather than comment further, I'll go on to the next post.

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 7:05am
Maybe it was a joke? Havent heard anything more.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 7:24am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Maybe it was a joke? Havent heard anything more.

It's not. If you search #alanismorissette on IG you'll see dozens of pics and videos of her in concert the last few days.

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:25am
even if it was a joke ...i'm not laughing

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 5:06pm
You Oughta Know that I'm going to hold onto my Precious Illusions from when Alanis was driving men Head Over Feet with her beautiful waterfall of locks. I know that this comment is Uninvited, but I am struggling to applaud since I have One Hand in My Pocket. You all can wipe your Hands Clean of my comments here, but remember, I am Not the Doctor, but I simply play one on the internet. 
Well, time to return to The Couch, where I offer No Apologies for thinking that Alanis should forevermore impose a haircut Moratorium on herself and refrain from "styles" which can be labeled So Unsexy. 
Thank U! Geek

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:51pm
now isn't that ironic...don't you think?

Posted By: orangenoise
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 11:21pm
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.  I not saying anything.

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 7:18am
I am and always was indifferent to her music.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: April 20 2018 at 7:56pm
another view

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alanis-morissette-virtually-unrecognizable-pixie-cut-203258083.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alanis-morissette-virtually-unrecognizable-pixie-cut-203258083.html

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Kathryn
Date Posted: April 20 2018 at 11:33pm
http://www.today.com/style/alanis-morissette-s-hair-pixie-cut-now-t127439" rel="nofollow - http://www.today.com/style/alanis-morissette-s-hair-pixie-cut-now-t127439

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: April 21 2018 at 10:28am
All I can say is (sigh).

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: April 21 2018 at 11:49am
Thing is, Alanis has said in interviews many, many times that she gives zero F$#ks what anyone things about her looks.  She cuts/doesn't cut her hair depending on mood, with zero regard to how fans will react...  IMHO She is a beautiful woman who can look great with long, medium and short hair as long as it is styled...  Her hair neither adds nor detracts from what I think about her music, which is how she wants it.

Date Posted: April 23 2018 at 1:19pm
Thing is, Alanis has said in interviews many, many times that she gives zero F$#ks what anyone things about her looks.  She cuts/doesn't cut her hair depending on mood, with zero regard to how fans will react...  IMHO She is a beautiful woman who can look great with long, medium and short hair as long as it is styled...  Her hair neither adds nor detracts from what I think about her music, which is how she wants it.

Hmmm... I read recently that she considers her original, more attractive cut in 2004 to have been a "mistake". But nonetheless, what's done is done. Since many here are already outraged by some of my un-PC comments, I will say this: Her long hair made her look current and youthful, and when people attend her concerts, they want to feel that they are *in the moment* of the mid to late 90's, and not witnessing some retro show.
BTW, I have been invited by my youngest daughter to see Alanis in concert soon. I don't know yet.  Wacko

Date Posted: April 24 2018 at 12:34am
On the one hand i can appreciate her not giving a f$#k attitude...but to make the same mistake twice (and i will call it that), is not so cool.  It's not the fact that she cut it that's bad...i think, but more the style she chose which upsets people am i wrong?

Date Posted: April 24 2018 at 1:20am
It is her hair, so I think we must all accept her choice without regrets.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: April 28 2018 at 1:12pm
Whatever. I regret she did it. The first time and this time. Clearly.

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 3:55pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjPQTHJPqrw

From the end of July in Israel Dead

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 5:26pm
I think it looks the best she's ever had when it was short.

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 8:30pm
I think she looks great also

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 10:08pm
Looks good to me

Date Posted: September 05 2018 at 7:55am
Wow she looks lime Ellen.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: September 06 2018 at 3:11pm
and can't say i'm gigging the glasses  with the old lady chain, lol

Date Posted: September 23 2018 at 10:53pm
Looks good to me

Date Posted: October 31 2018 at 11:09pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhAGuGy2cY

Sinead has new competition. Big smile

Date Posted: October 31 2018 at 11:33pm
Good God no!

Date Posted: November 01 2018 at 8:31pm
WOW

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: November 01 2018 at 10:59pm
Some women can pull this off (like Alyssa Milano a long time ago).  I think Alanis looks "ok" but does not have all the features to make it look good. 

Posted By: bnbivi00
Date Posted: November 02 2018 at 5:58am
https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/alanis-morissette?phrase=alanis%20morissette&sort=best#license

-------------
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: November 02 2018 at 8:34am
Not sure I quite get this. Not necessarily surprised Alanis went short again, but this inexorable progression to a buzzcut seems odd. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if she went full Imperator Furiosa (much like Demi Moore went full razor shave before growing her hair out again), because if you are that close already, why not?

Still seems odd, though...

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: November 03 2018 at 5:06pm
Not necessarily a bad look for her. I like it!

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: November 03 2018 at 6:44pm
Makes her look younger!

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: November 05 2018 at 11:13am
"Makes her look younger!"

One word that is furthest from my mind when I see Alanis shorn like a Buddhist nun is "youthful"! Confused
Everyone has a different pair of eyes, I suppose. Handshake

Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 9:15pm
I have to ask .... has someone taken over fatmoogas' account?  I have never seen this many agreeable posts ..... ever

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: November 07 2018 at 3:15pm
No Hawg. It's still me--but I call them as I see them. This is a great look for Alannis!

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: November 09 2018 at 12:28am
Oh my.  Not sure about that

Date Posted: November 13 2018 at 9:41am
She looks SO confident.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: November 13 2018 at 10:44am
I’m with Hawg here. The meds have firmly kicked in at this point. Fatmoogas has never done the orangenoise “comment on every thread for the last month with a ‘ditto’” strafing run before...

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: November 13 2018 at 12:30pm
Just calling it as I see it Flea. I don't usually like such a short cut--but this does look great. She seems empowered--and beautiful too. 

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Print Page | Close Window