Print Page | Close Window

Wear it for?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8392
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 8:17am

Topic: Wear it for?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Wear it for?
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:57pm
I am new to the site and certainly do not want to get involved in the current discussion - I do have a question concerning a person's hair. Who do you feel you should wear a particular hairstyle for? (yourself, other people, a combination...) Don't answer yet. My wife and I have a difference of opinion. I believe that a person should wear his/her hair to best please your spouse/friends... to a high degree. If a particular style is best suited for that person (which is "backed up" by other people's opinion) shouldn't you tell that person and encourage her to try it?Wouldn't the "compliments" from friends... serve a purpose to boost confidence? I certainly see her side, to some degree. She believes it should be up to the individual - to what that person feels most comfortable with. Unfortunately, when I don't "drool" over her chosen hairstyle she gets mad. When she wears a hairstyle I really like on her and "drool" she gets mad because she doesn't like the hairstyle and doesn't want me to show how much I like it. We have tried to find a compromise but she can't find a style she likes. Sorry I rambled so long but I feel you got the "jest" of it - curious to see the opinions of others.

Replies: