Print Page | Close Window

Jerry Hall - 6 inches of hair chopped off

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8466
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 11:14pm

Topic: Jerry Hall - 6 inches of hair chopped off
Posted By: KAREN
Subject: Jerry Hall - 6 inches of hair chopped off
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:13pm
Greetings from Boston where I am reading everything I can get my hands on while I wait for my flight back to Dallas to avoid boredom and to catch up on my reading materials. :-)I just read in two separate new articles that Jerry Hall, of Mrs. Rolling Stone fame and admired for her waist length tresses has just "chopped off a good 6 inches".Apparently the recent divorce/annullment/whatever has motivated her to search for new ways to live her life and that includes chopping 6 inches of her glorious blonde locks.I am saddened that she did this since I always admired her willingness to sport her long locks even as she approached her 40s.Unfortunately the fashion industry puts tremendous pressure on long haired people to conform and many women feel the need to cut their hair during major times of life change like marriage, divorce, having children...etc.,The sad thing is that so many approve of Jerry's new shorter look. Again an indicator of society and the need to conform.Thoughts?Best wishes,Karen

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!

Replies: