Print Page | Close Window

Yuck!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8486
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 2:46pm

Topic: Yuck!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Yuck!
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:17pm
My boyfriend is a manager at a retail store. One of the employees he is supervising has really bad dandruff, and is grossing out the customers. My boyfriend wants advice about how to handle this. He thinks this guy may have a genuine medical problem, but at the same time the dandruff is really repulsive to those who come in the store and want assistance. Any ideas on how to handle this?DawnRelated Link:Dawn's Secret Garden

Replies:
Posted By: Kym
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:17pm
> My boyfriend is a manager at a retail store. One of> the employees he is supervising has really bad> dandruff, and is grossing out the customers. My> boyfriend wants advice about how to handle this. He> thinks this guy may have a genuine medical problem,> but at the same time the dandruff is really repulsive> to those who come in the store and want assistance.> Any ideas on how to handle this?> DawnTelling other people about their physical problems is always a touchy thing. Your boyfriend, as the manager, should find a time to take the guy into an office, close the door and politely discuss the problem. Your guy should face the problem with as much sensitivity as he can muster.The employee can take it one of two ways really, angrily, and with scene causing, job losing implications, or with an explanation/apology/confessional reaction.Dandruff can be caused by lots of things, including some ingredients in shampoo, stress, poor diet...but not taking care of it is the real problem here.Your boyfriend should give the guy an opportunity to straighten it out and "clean" up his act.

-------------