Print Page | Close Window

"Modern" style haircuts

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8501
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 1:33am

Topic: "Modern" style haircuts
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: "Modern" style haircuts
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
I was browsing the web this afternoon, and in several long-to-short makeovers, it was often mentioned that the model now had a more "modern" short hairstyle.In your opinion, is short hair, in general, more "modern" than long hair?If we're talking about getting rid of those awful Farrah Fawcett "wings" from the 1970s, then I'd definitely concur! But I personally think the precise style, rather than length, determines its "timeline."What do you think?

Replies:
Posted By: Mark
> I was browsing the web this afternoon, and in several> long-to-short makeovers, it was often mentioned that> the model now had a more "modern" short> hairstyle.> In your opinion, is short hair, in general, more> "modern" than long hair?> If we're talking about getting rid of those awful> Farrah Fawcett "wings" from the 1970s, then> I'd definitely concur! But I personally think the> precise style, rather than length, determines its> "timeline."> What do you think?

-------------

Posted By: Mark
From Markshort hair is not a matter of time and place. Short hair ismodern if a man,thinks that his wife would look goodin short hair. A few ladies have the short fine hairthat makes look more modern. I think long hair on ladieswill come back after the year 2000, in the United States.Most men still consider long hair to be the ultimatemodern style haircut. Some men do like short hair ontheir wives. For some men,short hair on ladies canbe considered modern. Some men do consider short hairmodern for a while,but then short hair may get oldover a long period of time. A man wants a lady to haveshort hair,if she looks good with short hair,it is notbased on whether it is modern or old in a mans mind.Men and women ususally have different opionions onwhether short hair is modern. MEN IN THIS COUNTRYHAVE BEEN FORCED TO ACCEPT SHORT HAIR,ON A LADY, WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. Some men can find a ladywith short hair to portray a feminine identity.

-------------