Print Page | Close Window

Big Buns

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8530
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 8:09am

Topic: Big Buns
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Big Buns
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:31pm
I love short hair on ladies (nothing extreme). You won't change my mind and I'm sure I won't change the long hair lovers mind. That's "ok" with me - remember, variety is the spice of life (or something like that). Anyway, I do have a question for the long hair ladies that I do not understand. I know a few ladies who have long hair and they always wear it in a bun. This creates a look of short hair (at least to me). Does anyone know why they wouldn't get a shorter "do" if they only wear it up anyway? Seems like a lot of extra work to me - I'm sure I'm missing something - enlighten me!

Replies:
Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:32pm
This probably won't answer you completely, but I think I'll get close.Mrs. Flea has hair that is between mid-back and waist-length. During the day, while she is taking care of Baby Flea (are these pseudonyms getting annoying yet?) she usually pulls it up in a ponytail or wears a braid. Pretty much anything to keep it out of the way while she goes about her day.In the evening, she usually takes it down because 1) she prefers it down and 2) wearing it up all day usually starts to get uncomfortable. Whenever we go out, she wears it down since she greatly enjoys having her hair long. It's just usually not practical during the day. So, in her case, wearing it up a lot doesn't necessarily mean that she shouldn't have long hair (especially since the ponytail thing is really easy for her).This doesn't mean that I don't understand your point about women with long hair that constantly wear it up. They could make the very same argument, however, that they love having long hair and wear it down at home, but that it's just impractical during the day. I would say that they should probably only think about cutting it if they NEVER wear it down because wearing it down is unmanageable.Otherwise, let'em wear the bun at work and be Rapunzel at home.As usual,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.