Print Page | Close Window

Tipping question

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8613
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 1:53am

Topic: Tipping question
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Tipping question
Date Posted: May 29 2000 at 7:59pm
I am new to this board and I saw some questions on tipping, so I thought I would add mine - hope it doesn't seem too silly. My question is, is there a proper "etiquette" to how you give your stylist his/her tip? I always feel awkward. I go to a large salon where there is a receptionist. I usually hand my stylist his tip, but he always seems a little surprised or something, like that's not how it's done. Sometimes I just leave it at his station, but he looks back at me like, "what are you doing?" so I feel maybe this is not appropriate either! Should I give it to the receptionist? Previous to this I went to a small salon where I just handed the stylist my tip as there really wasn't another option. This is a very trendy, "hip" salon, and so I am a little intimidated to ask! I have tried observing what others do, but the stations are so separated that it is hard to do. Thanks for any help!

Replies:
Posted By: dianefromcanada
Date Posted: May 29 2000 at 11:47pm
Over here in Canada we have bank cards and when we use them there is function on the machine that ask if we would like to leave a tip and how much so I key it in. The money is then taken out and given to the stylist.
The other day my youngest had a haircut and I sent him back to see his stylist with the tip. I have done it both ways and it was acceptable.

Diane from Canada

-------------
dianefromcanada

Print Page | Close Window