Print Page | Close Window

Can hair actually be sexy?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8680
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 3:47pm

Topic: Can hair actually be sexy?
Posted By: phil
Subject: Can hair actually be sexy?
Date Posted: April 07 2001 at 12:57pm
It was a posting on "Jerky Flea" which led me to this question.
The question was, "Who had the sexiest hair in a movie?" I just could not think of a recent one, and this made me wonder whether hair per se could actually BE sexy. I mean, it can be super-stylish, and in Hollywood it nearly always is. It can be striking in its color(s), asymmetry, avant-garde style, whatever. It can postively demand attention, and literally be "in your face", but can it actually be sexy, in the same way that clothes can?

My guess is no. I think clothes are sexy in what they reveal, and more so in what they don`t reveal as regards the whole body. Hair can only reveal the face.Thereby I have to admit it`s the face, and all which that reveals, which is the sexy bit, in my opinion anyway. In a way, I can see possibly why the shaved head fetishists get their kicks - the sexiness being in the full-on revelation.

So - Is hair sexy, or is it just the actress?

-------------
phil

Replies:
Posted By: dianefromcanada
Date Posted: May 25 2001 at 11:35pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP121551672&id=3311&page=1#10.3311.1 - 10.3311.1
The other day I was thinking of your questions when two blonds walked into the restaurant. Both had the same lenght of hair. The exception was that one had long bangs that covered her eyes from a distance and I thought maybe hair can be sexy when it is use as mystery? Just like clothes you know. I think it can be sexy because it drives the mind to imagine the color of the eyes etc.

-------------
dianefromcanada