Print Page | Close Window

Advice

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8703
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 9:32am

Topic: Advice
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Advice
Date Posted: November 10 2001 at 1:48pm
My husband and I married young three years ago (we are now 20 and 21). We ran into some real money problems and to make a long story short, we are now living with his parents. They are pretty well off and my husband now works for his dad. The problem is that my husband had long hair (that I loved) and one of his dad`s conditions in having us stay with them and work for him was that my husband get his haircut. Short! As in a crewcut.

We were like "whatever" at first but now it is really ticking me off. He has no right to demand such a thing. We are stuck living here at least until the summer. I want to say something but my husband doesn`t want to make waves. He also doesn`t like talking about it because I think he`s embarrassed about it.

Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of thing? What did you do? Should I keep my mouth shut or say something?

Lynn

Replies:
Posted By: dianefromcanada
Date Posted: November 10 2001 at 4:21pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP121551672&id=3501&page=1#10.3501.1 - 10.3501.1
In Ann Lander`s column there was a similar story and her advice was to move out. People can demands lots of things in their own homes.

-------------
dianefromcanada

Posted By: kat_02
Date Posted: November 11 2001 at 10:04am
While I think your father-in-law is kind of silly to require his grown son to get a crewcut...I agree that you guys should probably move out. As long as you`re living there, you have to go by their rules.

-------------
- kat