Print Page | Close Window

Rollers in hair. Is it sexy?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8712
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 3:34am

Topic: Rollers in hair. Is it sexy?
Posted By: dianefromcanada
Subject: Rollers in hair. Is it sexy?
Date Posted: January 27 2002 at 4:14pm
I will never understand this. When I was growing up most women in my town wouldn`t be seen without makeup. It was like it a crime but what really made me giggle as a child was when we would go grocery shopping and a lot of the same women who wouldn`t be seen without makeup had absolutely no problems being seen with rollers in their hair and tried to cover the whole appearance with a silk scarf of some sorts. I will still wonder if it really didn`t matter or what it the fact they were announcing to the town that they had this special occassion that night and let everyone know that they were going out to it. It`s a funny memory for me especially being from a tiny village that means that one couldn`t hang their panty on a clotheline without everyone in town knowing what size or color your underwwear was. ( okay an expression but I think you know what I mean)
Please have fun with this fun sharing your thoughts or maybe you have some funny experiences with rollers.

-------------
dianefromcanada

Replies:
Posted By: longhairdude
Date Posted: March 04 2002 at 2:15am
It all depends, if I see my grandma in rollers and her moomoo, then HELL no, but if my girlfriend trots around the house naked with hair rollers in her hair, then Ohhh yes is it sexy! She also thinks I am sexy with just a tool belt around my waist and no clothes. So I guess it depends on the situation!

Kyle

-------------
long hair guy(me) + cute babes = fun
times!

Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: March 04 2002 at 10:18am
HELL NO!!!

two words come to my mind "TRAILER PARK"

-------------

Posted By: phil
Date Posted: March 04 2002 at 3:46pm
Well I don`t think anyone ever said "I just love those sexy rollers", but that isn`t to say that they can`t be sexy. I guess it depends on the person. Like when my granny wore them, no it wasn`t,but when a friend with long blonde hair wears huge oversize ones to achieve that perfect face- framing inward "flick" - oooooohh!!!
Mind you I think gappy teeth are sexy too so maybe I`m strange.

-------------
phil

Posted By: Nancy999
Date Posted: March 14 2002 at 12:31pm
No. Curlers are ugly and should never be worn in public. Why are they waiting for some event where their hair will look good? Why dont they live their life now?

-------------