Print Page | Close Window

Long hair on boys ok or not?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8726
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 6:01am

Topic: Long hair on boys ok or not?
Posted By: priyanka
Subject: Long hair on boys ok or not?
Date Posted: November 03 2001 at 3:18pm
Dear members,

I am seeking you honest opinion as to whether moms should allow the boys to grow their hair longer if they wish to.

Also please post your opinion as to whether moms should take decision to let their boys hair grow long until a certain age. Is it appropriate accroding to you?

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: dianefromcanada
Date Posted: November 03 2001 at 5:24pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP881778452&id=802&page=1#24.802.1 - 24.802.1
Personnally, I never stood in the way my sons wanted to dress nor how they wanted to wear their hair. In my humble opinion I always felt it was important to allow an individual to develop their personality and their style.

-------------
dianefromcanada

Posted By: scrye
Date Posted: November 03 2001 at 9:45pm
urgh...i hope this isn`t going to double post...i had trouble when sending it earlier.

Well anyways i myself am a boy and still living with my parents and currently growing out my hair. My parents don`t particular like it, but they don`t force me into cutting it or not. So i guess it is coo with them:P

justin

-------------
"Death is all around me, but now I'd rather die then follow mediocrity" Run - Project 86

"Boys think their the bomb, because they remind them of their mom" Barlow Girls - Superchic[k]

justin

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: November 05 2001 at 8:38am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP881778452&id=802&page=1#24.807.1 - 24.807.1
quote:
scrye originally wrote: urgh...i hope this isn`t going to double post...i had trouble when sending it earlier.

Well anyways i myself am a boy and still living with my parents and currently growing out my hair. My parents don`t particular like it, but they don`t force me into cutting it or not. So i guess it is coo with them:P

justin

THEY SURE HAD BETTER ALLOW THEM, OR THEY`RE NUTHIN BUT A BUNCH OF SEXIST, YELLIN`,
AUTHORITARIAN CONFORMISTS WHO OUGHT TO BE REMOVED FROM SOCIETY. Your kids are not your property. Long hair on a boy is ought to be acceptable by now, yet some crabby folks waste their time
criticizing them. Hello, people. Don`t you want your kids to be happy? Telling them how to wear their
hair can make them absolutely miserable and resentful - believe me, I`ve been there. It`s a violation of one`s bodily integrity. And what`s with promoting these sexist norms? Lighten up, people.

-------------