Print Page | Close Window

Bunches in the workplace

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8729
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 4:33am

Topic: Bunches in the workplace
Posted By: Jacqui
Subject: Bunches in the workplace
Date Posted: April 26 2002 at 10:29am
I’ve recently had my hair cut into a short, one length bob. I’m really pleased with the cut, but the only problem is that it’s too short to tie back into a ponytail without having straggly hairs from the front that are too short to secure in the ponytail. Although I know they are fashionable, I don’t like straggly bits, I also don’t like hair falling in my face when I’m at my desk. To alleviate this problem I’ve been using an alice band, but I’m getting a little bored wearing it everyday. Although my hair is too short to fully go into a ponytail, it is long enough to put into bunches (pigtails) which is what I do when I’m at home. The question I have is do you think that at age 26, I could get away with wearing my hair in bunches to work or do you think people would think I would look silly, because of my hair length, the bunches have to be mid-height rather than low. The office I work in has a smart dress code and although I’m tempted to try it, I’m just not sure. Opinions and advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Jacqui

Replies:
Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: April 27 2002 at 10:39am
Sounds like you work in an office that pigtails would not be appropriate. Is an Alice band just a type of headband? Could you take the sides back with "nice" barettes (however, you spell it)? How long have you had your haircut? It might be you just need to get used to it.

-------------

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: April 27 2002 at 1:27pm
Pigtails, sure, why not? Express yourself. There is nothing gross about it (I don`t really
like "straggly bits" either) and I don`t see why it should cause an uproar.

I hate office dress codes.

-------------

Posted By: grenwich
Date Posted: April 28 2002 at 3:25pm
Have you ever seen anyone else with pigtails in the office?
Is there a published dress code? Look into it, specifically. Ask your HR person.

Personally, I would say no, pigtails are a very casual hairstyle, and not so in keeping with a "smart" dress code.

just my 2 pence
Gren

-------------

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)

Posted By: ponytailhead
Date Posted: May 04 2002 at 4:00pm
i would say go for it,but just make sure the tails are tied neatly and the part is straight.

-------------
"i can feel it in my bones"