Print Page | Close Window

Hair Fetish

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8791
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 6:00pm

Topic: Hair Fetish
Posted By: Rod
Subject: Hair Fetish
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 4:38pm
I've noticed on these boards that words "hair fetish" seem to have some evil connotation.

Here's the Random House definition "Any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

Any man or woman that is turned on by hair, short OR long, breasts, legs, feet, biceps, abs, or rear ends has a fetish. The guy who is turned on by a 'big booty' has a fetish. The woman who gets aroused from looking at big biceps has one too. For some reason, fetishism for hair seems to be placed on men who like short hair, but whether you're turned on by short or long hair or even no hair, it's a fetish.

I'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way. Unless you're a stylist, that's probably why you're posting here. I'm sure some people will say that doesn't apply to them, so it's probably just the rest of us.

As long as you don't go around cutting people's hair or forcing them to grow it, having a fetish is perfectly healthy. Something should turn you on.

I'm aware that there are people who come on these boards and make up stories. They hope that the responses will get them aroused. I can understand frowning on that, but as long as the people making the responses contribute something helpful and stimulating, I don't see it as a problem.

So, I've brought up the dirty little underbelly of a website devoted to discussing hair. I don't see it as dirty or wrong, but some do. Some probably don't want this idea discussed.

Replies:
Posted By: HeadBoy
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:16pm
I echo your opinion.
As long as short-haired fans aren't going around forcing people to cut theirs and long-hair fans aren't beating the scissors and clippers into plowshares, what harm is there?

As long as we remain respectful of one another, I find that discussing our "fetish" for hair quite healthy. Though I think the word has taken on a bad connotation in most circles.

We can only gain from being respectful toward one another and not hiding who we are. Call me the male Pollyanna, but I see these boards as positive things.

Most of the people here have opinions and aren't afraid to voice them. I think that is totally healthy. As for the people who make things up in an attempt to get a rise out of others... we should probably ignore them and hope they'll go away.

-------------
Peace to all

Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:30pm
Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards is aroused by hair in some way.

No matter what are views on almost any subject, it's a natural tendency to think that other people share our opinions and feelings.

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 6:06pm
IMO (and very simplistically), a fetish is a problem only when it over-writes mutual consent.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 7:27pm
Fetishes?

Anything kinky, nasty, dirty or sexy I usually like!

-------------
tina

Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 10:55pm
Actually, to be serious, I have to agree with the others. As long as the fetish, hair or otherwise, is between mutually consenting adults, who cares, it is their business. Everyone has their likes, dislikes, preferences, what gets them "going" and so forth!

Actually that is probably good if used properly!

-------------
tina

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 5:14pm
Good points made by everyone.

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 8:39pm
I thought that having a fetish meant being so "into" that particular thing that it impedes your judgement or capacity to enjoy....ie, i once read about a man who had a foot fetish and could not "get off" unless feet were somehow involved.

I don't believe anyone here is at this point ( I mean as far as hair goes)

jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:33pm
That's only in extreme cases Jacqui.
Everyone has fetishes, that is things they like better in regards to fashion, hair , clothes, even body types. We all have some fetishes. Most of us just aren't anti-social or too weird with it.

-------------
tina

Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: July 10 2003 at 9:52am
Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way.

I come here to learn about ways to take care of my hair and to learn more about styles and products, and to share my experiences about the same with others.

Because there are nice and interesting people here, I also post on non-hair forums that interest me.

But aroused by hair? No.

Elissa

-------------
[/url]
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: newhair4me
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 2:58pm
Hi,
I have a hair fetish, and I'm not really sure where it came from. I never really thought about it much until recently, when I decided that it was about time to chop off my hair (it's been long for years). So far, I have been cutting it gradually, and it's now shoulder length. But every time I think about cutting it short, I get physically excited. I thought it was kind of freaky, but I guess I'm not alone. I'm still not sure I have the guts to cut it all off, but I am finally dedicated to real change. What do you think?

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by newhair4me newhair4me wrote:

Hi,
I have a hair fetish, and I'm not really sure where it came from. I never really thought about it much until recently, when I decided that it was about time to chop off my hair (it's been long for years). So far, I have been cutting it gradually, and it's now shoulder length. But every time I think about cutting it short, I get physically excited. I thought it was kind of freaky, but I guess I'm not alone. I'm still not sure I have the guts to cut it all off, but I am finally dedicated to real change. What do you think?

You enjoy it and it doesn't harm anyone, so go with it. Be happy you have something that gets you excited. Cut more if that's what works for you. A little at a time or a lot. Try a wig if you're not ready.

-------------

Posted By: newhair4me
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 4:26pm
Thanks for responding! I was starting to feel a bit freakish (I'm a fairly normal person otherwise...). So, why do you like short-haired women?

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: August 07 2003 at 10:09pm
I think as far as most of us here are concerned when someone goes beyond the groups comfort level they get labeled! If you are fairly new here you won't know about the guy that prompted the fetish statements...but beleive me... you can tell!

-------------

Posted By: phil
Date Posted: August 09 2003 at 6:08am
How refreshing, for once, to see the subject of fetish being discussed in a non-hysterical manner. If it turns people on, whether it be the texture, abundance, sparsity, absence or sheer style of hair, then what's the problem? At times such as this, we need as much love going round as is humanly possible, and so I welcome the use of the word "fetish" in a positive and unthreatening way.

Posted By: crazzzycait
Date Posted: August 12 2003 at 10:53pm
I definitely have a hair fetish, much like newhair4me. I love to get my haircut and get excited about thinking about cutting my hair short. I think it's because I care so much about my hair and love anybody that plays and takes care of my hair.

Do I think I'm weird? Not really.

-------------
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:16am
I have a hair fetish, related to short hair and the process of getting there (whether on myself or other women). I don't like to tell people, though, not even friends, because I fear bad reactions. As it is, if I tell friends I prefer short-haired women, they wonder why, and sometimes treat me like a freak for even that :-( .
But then again, I've been known to accuse most of the world, collectively, of having a long hair fetish. . . which I think is kind of weird and sometimes creepy, so I guess it kind of goes both ways. . .

Date Posted: August 15 2003 at 3:50pm
Well, we all need to do what we feel comfortable doing when it comes to sharing our fetish with friends and family.

I'm totally open with my wife, so she knows and keeps her hair short. Fortunatley, she likes it that way.

As for my friends, they know I prefer short haired women, but I doubt they know how deep that runs. Mostly, they write it off as part of my enduring crush on Dorothy Hammill, a hold over from my days as a punk or just me being different.

I once told a friend about my desire to cut the hair of a girl we knew and he looked at me as if I'd committed murder. Kind of made me hold off telling most other people.

I personally enjoy getting my hair buzzed, which is fairly unique where I live, but when people ask why I tell them that with hair as thick as mine, my head would be 300 degrees in the summer (which is true). I don't share the rest of the information, that it is extremely fun for me to watch a woman get her hair cut short or to get mine cut off.

I doubt society would understand, which is why I'm thankful this board is here to talk about all of this stuff.

-------------
Peace to all

Date Posted: August 15 2003 at 11:05pm
I know what you mean Kuroneko and Headboy. When I first got my long hair-(past my waist)- cut into an above the shoulders bob cut I was scared but it was a great thrill too. And I did like the way it looked, it was styled well.-(I did go to a very good salon in Chicago where I was living at that time)-.

I gradually just went shorter with my hair to it's present short length pixie style of cut.. Each time I got my haircut it was a thrill, the adrelin would just rush in me as I entered the salon. I still get that sort of energy rush when I go and get my hair trimmed even though my hair is so short I don't actually get much cut. Still I love being in the beauty salon, there is just something I really love about that. To me it is money that is very well spent. I enjoy the experience of it.

I haven't ever had my hair buzzed close to the scalp. I have thought of doing that and I have seen any number of women with hair that short or even with a shaved head, but I just haven't ever brought myself to having that done. I am sure it would be a thrill, and I don't think I would look that bad but I just have never done that. Maybe someday.

-------------
tina

Date Posted: August 19 2003 at 10:04am
Tina, if you ever do decide to shave your head, get a hat. The look can be cool, but the sunburn is evil.

I get the rush you described every time I sit in a barber's chair or go to a salon. Maybe it's the smell of the chemicals and the sound of the Osters popping to life.

I have no idea, but it is a great feeling.

-------------
Peace to all

Posted By: spud
Date Posted: August 19 2003 at 9:06pm
The thing that rally fasinates me about this whole thing is where do these feelings come from. I grew up in the 60-70s and my mother was totally in control of my haircuts till I was about 14. So I had short back and sides when everyone was growing their hair long like the Beatles/Stones etc. I used to hate getting my haircut and wonder if that was the genesis of this fascination with hair and cutting. I have a friend who can't remeber anything untoward in her youth but she would love to have a short clipper cut in a barbers. Where does that come from ??? I'd like to hear anyone else theories

Date Posted: August 19 2003 at 9:24pm
Who knows?
I actually loved having long hair too. And I liked having a bob cut and I like my hair in a short crop pixie now. I liked each style when I was wearing it. I just like different hairstyles and fashions in hair, jewelry, and clothes.

-------------
tina

Date Posted: August 19 2003 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by spud spud wrote:

The thing that rally fasinates me about this whole thing is where do these feelings come from. I grew up in the 60-70s and my mother was totally in control of my haircuts till I was about 14. So I had short back and sides when everyone was growing their hair long like the Beatles/Stones etc. I used to hate getting my haircut and wonder if that was the genesis of this fascination with hair and cutting. I have a friend who can't remeber anything untoward in her youth but she would love to have a short clipper cut in a barbers. Where does that come from ??? I'd like to hear anyone else theories

Most adult behavior results from something in childhood, but some of it may just be the way people are wired. As a pre-teen, I was first attracted to Cheryl Ladd and Cheryl Tiegs, but not girls my own age. It wasn't until a girl in my own class cut her very long hair into a short Dorothy Hamill cut that I was attracted to a girl my own age. I never had any interest in hair before that, but it has been the biggest attraction for me since.

There's nothing in my family that I can think would lead to this, and I don't remember any hair cutting experience. I don't know where I got it, but then why does someone have a foot fetish or breast fetish?

-------------

Date Posted: August 20 2003 at 11:14am
I have no idea where it comes from in other people, but for me, it stems from a continuing crush on Dorothy Hammill. Couple that with the rush I get from getting a buzzcut and the fact that I find ears and necks enticing and I'm sunk.

Watching a woman get her hair cut is a vicarious thrill for me that I don't deny. I find dramatic change a good thing and I, personally, enjoy the look of short hair on women.

The buzz cut thing for me probably stems from years of parochial school and weekly haircuts. I suppose I'm different from my former classmates in that I enjoyed the feeling of getting clippered.

I grew my hair long when I got into high school and began attending public school. Enter Ms. Hammill. I loved the way she looked when she spun on the ice and how perfect her hair looked when she was done.

Then most every girl I knew got the same haircut.

From there this fetish took on a life of its own. Most of the girls I dated before I got married had short hair and I'd go with them to the stylist. I hung out with punks and mods in my late teens, most of the girls in those circles had short to very short hair.

I guess it's just part of who I am and not born from some emotional trauma or rejection by long-haired women. I've always chalked it up to me being me.

Anyone else?

-------------
Peace to all

Posted By: DakotaDiva
Date Posted: August 20 2003 at 5:57pm
My husband likes my long hair curly, so I do that for him. I am heavily tattooed also and my husband has a bit of a thing for tattoos on women too.
I like guys with long hair, my husband hair is a little long not too long. He looks good in his hair cut I must admit.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 9:37pm
I guess the other interesting/strange thing about this fetish is how it is split between the sexes. In "general" its guys that like watching/cutting and girls who like it being cut. I once read somewhere that cutting someones hair is a domination thing. I'm personally not real comfortable with that spin on things as I think of in a more artistic way. A lady friend of mine definitely has submissive feelings associated with the haircut fetish but no real explanations. As head shaving has been used as method of shaming women in the past I guess there is a link but hopefully that at the far end of the fetish spectrum.

So Tina et.al can you remeber any event in childhood like a forced or bad short cut that may have been the genisis of your feelings ????

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 9:55pm
Spud, I don't really buy into that submission thing, like a woman gets her hair cut to be in submission to a man. And no, there was never a time where I was forced to get a certain hairstyle. My mom let me and my sister wear our hair how we liked. And no, I never really had a bad haircut.

To me, hair is part of our sexuality. Some guys like long hair on women, some guys like short hair on women. Who knows why? Who cares? Just get into what you like!!!

Fact is, women in general dress more for men than visa versa. That is why we wear makeup, usually wear more jewelry than men do,we wear dresses and skirts and shave our legs and underarms and wear nylons and high heels,etc.,etc.,etc.
Hair is just another aspect of that.
True, women wear different hairstyles and fashions to impress other women with our sense of style, there is sort of a competition there with other women, but we do it for men too, much more than men do it for us.

I'm not saying that men don't dress nice and wear nice hairstyles for women too, but we do it more. That doesn't mean we are into being submissive, it just means to me we are being feminine.

Of course part of being feminine is submission in a way, after all it is the guys that "stick it" to the ladies, if you know what I mean-(tee hee)-, and traditionally men have been more assertive in pursuing the woman and making her "submit" to him, but I am a modern gal. I don't see my relationship with a man as me submitting to him entirely, about hair or anything else. I wear my hair short because I like the way I look in it, I find it sexy, and if a guy finds it sexy on me too, all the better!!!

But really, I don't care if people have a fetish or not about hairstyles. To me anything that makes people excited about each other and that turns each other on sexually, is cool, -(unless it is something brutal like heavy S/M stuff, which I am not into)-.

I love affection, I love sex, and I love being sexually attractive..

Make love !

-------------
tina

Date Posted: August 26 2003 at 7:25am
I guess I have traits of both genders, because I like to watch and would like to cut if I thought I wouldn't mess it up. Being cut is kind of iffy. . . I like to do it myself, and like the idea of letting someone I care for and trust do what they want with it (although that would take a lot of trust), but so far I really like total control over the results whenever I have to have someone else do it. I've been known to argue with stylists often or refuse to leave the chair until I got what I wanted. *laughs* So I guess I'm almost the dom here, just a little too timid to really quite count. . .
I know exactly the childhood event that got me into hair fetishes: old-fashioned parents who thought all girls had to have long hair. Honestly, the way they taught me to identify genders was that girls had long hair and boys had short, which led to great embarrassment the first time I saw a picture of a short-haired girl and misidentified her. But from the time I found out women could have short hair, I was like obsessed with it. Add to that the fact I liked to climb trees and play with "boys' toys" and you'll see I was really something of a tomboy who was never allowed to be my real self. I came to see the expectation of long hair as a way my family controlled me, and later as a way society controlled women in general. That's led to an intense preference for short hair on women and an overwhelming feeling that short hair=confidence, strength, and freedom, where long hair=lack of confidence, weakness, and sheeplike mentality of just following along with society's expectations for women. I seldom see a long-haired woman I consider attractive, and if a short-haired woman I'd been admiring grows hers I see her as if she's sold out.
Yes, this is just a sign of how bad parenting can lead to totally screwed-up offspring :-P .

Originally posted by spud spud wrote:

I guess the other interesting/strange thing about this fetish is how it is split between the sexes. In "general" its guys that like watching/cutting and girls who like it being cut. I once read somewhere that cutting someones hair is a domination thing. I'm personally not real comfortable with that spin on things as I think of in a more artistic way. A lady friend of mine definitely has submissive feelings associated with the haircut fetish but no real explanations. As head shaving has been used as method of shaming women in the past I guess there is a link but hopefully that at the far end of the fetish spectrum.

So Tina et.al can you remeber any event in childhood like a forced or bad short cut that may have been the genisis of your feelings ????

Date Posted: August 26 2003 at 11:29pm
What an amazing thread! This this type of public acknowledgement would have been quite catharctic for me going through puberty but I suppose in reality no more less so than discovering the hair community at age 34. Since this discussion seems to have stayed quite free of flaming condescending tone, I'll add my two cents for others who may sympathise here or relate.

I was raised in a religious home with very conservative parents. I had one older sister. I too had always been taught that girls hair was to long and a boys hair was to be short after all it was even in the bible. I recall my grandmother telling my mother that once when I was watching television I became annoyed at her when she asked me come and I replied, "not yet grandmom I want to watch this woman finish washing her hair." I was four years old then! I should have known that early on I was hair was going to be very important to me. At five yeasr old (yes I have perfect memory of this) I recall being aroused by a picture of a storybook king who wore a pageboy with a flip. I remember being quite confused by the feelings. It may have been the taboo of long hair on men or the gender bending nature of seeing this style on a guy but I know that it made lasting impression. I also recall a childs board game called Chutes and Ladders where one of the equivalents of lose-a-turn was a unwelcome shapooing card or space. From that tender age it was apparent to me that hair held some mystique of my own sexuality though I would never dare talk about it to anyone until I was 30 years old.

Interestingly enough I would define my fetish in the earliest years to be limited to talking to girls about their hair, shampooing fantasies on the other sex and long-long silky hair.

That part was easy to understand... I was born in the early sixties and I recall "Marcia Brady" hair on about every girl I was attracted to. It wasn't until after I hit puberty did I ever see long hair being cut off in a womens beauty magazine. Other than a brief stint of an adolescent obcession to Cheryl Ladd and Farah Fawcett (it was the hair) Over the next 20 years I must have thumbed every makeover in every publication looking for haircut makeovers. Sometimes speding hours in the library scanning periodical tables looking for the words haircut, hair or makeover to pop off the page.

From that vantage point my interest changed. If you'd have asked me then what my fetish was, I've had told you with utmost certainty ladies hair "makeovers".

Like many of you, my first exposure to the hair community was haircut.net and I remember feeling such a sense of euphoria that I was not alone.

Today I am much more arroused by short hair on a attractive girl rather than long. When I see a beautiful women with great hair my thoughts are always of her hair and how she would look with it short and how much I would enjoy watching her haircut or cutting it myself with all of the emotion. taking womens hair without consent is tantamount to rape in my book and utterly distasteful and yet forced haircuts are strangely interesting despite their taboo nature.

In that same vein headshaving leaves me cold too as I only really enjoy the look of ultra-short hair if the feminine features remain intact.

Date Posted: August 27 2003 at 9:25am
For me it started when I was 12 or 13. Two girls in my class (twins) showed up at school after having their long hair cut short. They had also pierced their ears and were wearing a little makeup. The transformation was remarkable. They went from being somewhat average looking to downright cute. I developed quite a crush on one of the girls.

Because that's about the time puberty starts to kick in and I was really started to notice girls, I think Melissa and Mary's haircuts probably started my fascination with women's hair.

Just after I turned 16 and had gotten my driver's license, my girlfriend and I had a movie date. She said she had an appointment to get her hair cut and asked if we could just go there before our date. At this point I had not developed a sexual interest in hair. Lori had long hair that reached almost to her belt. I watched as she had it cut to a bob that was just a little longer than chin-length. She didn't tell me she was cutting her hair short. In fact, she said she was thinking about it and only decided after she sat in the chair. After the haircut, I couldn't take my eyes off her because it so completely changed her looks. She was striking and no longer looked like a teenage girl to me. She looked like a stylish young woman. During the movie, I couldn't stop touching her hair. I think that is what cemented my obsession.

I suppose if a beautiful woman had flashed her breasts at me during that period in my sexual development I would be a boob man now. Who knows? For me, hair is definitely not a sub/dom thing. I am not into crewcuts or head-shaving. It is dramtic transformations from long hair to a much shorter, different style that appeal to me most. However, short hairstyles must be still be feminine and flattering. The woman must look as good or better with her new style as the old one or the appeal is not there.

I cut hair professionally for several years. For the most part, working in a salon wasn't the dream job you'd think it would be for someone obsessed with hair. I would never hack off a woman's hair against her wishes. Most of the time people just get their hair trimmed in a salon. However, I had a number of long-haired clients whose looks, I thought, would be vastly improved if they would simply cut their hair short. I obsessed about them (creepy, I know). I was able to convince many of them to take the plunge. I cannot fully describe how arousing it was to see a beautiful woman, imagine how awesome she would look with a hairstyle you envision for her and then actually create it. Talking a woman into cutting off her long hair is much like seduction. Some told me later that they would have never cut their hair short had they not sensed a certain passion in me as I convinced them. They said they were actually excited about cutting their hair because I seemed excited.

I met my wife in the salon. She was one of those clients who I pictured with short hair. One day, she came into the salon with long, dark hair and left with short, red hair and a dinner date (she asked me out...). We were married about two years later. She still does not know about my fetish. I'm afraid to tell her because of what she might think. *I* still think it's wierd but I can't change it. I stopped working in the salon partly as a career move to allow me to make more money and partly because I believed that every time I became aroused while cutting another woman's hair I was somehow being unfaithful to her. I was also afraid I might actually cheat on her. I still cut hair at home for people we know. I continue to be every bit as passionate about it as I ever was. I can't deny that I still become aroused from time to time while cutting hair but I don't obsess about it like I used to. Now, it's more a way to express myself creatively than a source of sexual gratification. I simply love to make women look beautiful. I love cutting hair.

Date Posted: August 27 2003 at 10:53pm
Thanks for the long reply Anton.

To Tina - I didn't mean to imply that all people with a hair fetish are into the dom/sub thing its just something that I'd read about and I wanted to ask people as this thread has been so open. Certainly for me its not very dom when I plead with my wife to cut her hair in a certain way LOL.

Another thread talks about guys being alot more open to style suggestions than girls. I often said to people who make remarks about my hair. "I don't care my wife likes it" I want to please but my wife thinks I'm trying to control her. Go figure !!!!

I like the bit in Antons reply about ordinary girls becoming much more attractive after a makeover. I guess thats what I really like to. The difference! Maybe if you could grow your short hair over night I might be into short to long makeovers. I guess thats where wigs come in.

I certainly feel good when my wifes short hair is noticed and people say things like.

Its so short I wish I had the courage to go that short

What a fantastic style its so different

As her personal hairdresser I love it and I know she gets a kick out of it too

Spud

-------------

Posted By: Vineman
Date Posted: August 31 2003 at 7:17am
I certainly find hair very attractive on girls but I think what is mean by this is not a fetish board is like posting stuff meant to be explicit, otherwise it wouldn't be a board about hair any more, it'd be oneo f those seedy dirty boards were every goes "lol 1337 wtf oh nos!!1111one" and lots of Xs around the place where pictures don't come up (don't know why, just fits the image). You get the idea. This place would loose the friendly atmosphere.

I come here because I like hair, It's the most customisable thing about the body really and it's fun to get help and help others with it and just talk about it. And hair is just plain fun.

The sheer number of views as opposed to replies is something to support your comments =P IT's annoying when you have a question that nobody wil answer just look at though.

I must admit find it kinda "arousing" if I see hair being bleached or other radical changes, or just plain long hair.

So yeah I have a nasty hair fetish too =P

It's annoying though, cause I really annoyed an ex-girlfriend with a hair obsession, I kept asking her to change it and she though I wasn't happy with her the way she was =(

Of course, other stuff happened and now she's never going to talk to me again (at least taht's what she said) but back on topic.

Cheese is good.

-------------
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.

Date Posted: September 01 2003 at 3:40pm
Wow, it's so nice to read through this thread talking about a "thing" or interest for short hair, or different hairstyles. And everybody is discussing it so eloquently and without even too many spelling mistakes ... that always helps the intelligent conversation :-)

In one of the other posts, I read about the person feeling almost a sense of euphoria to discover a site like haircut.net, and the fact that other people out there are interested in women with extremely short hair. I would very much agree with those statements.

I've never been able to determine where this intrigue of mine comes from. Though I do suspect, as many of you have mentioned, that there was something that initiated all this from childhood. But I can't point out any one thing. I do know that my parents never put any strict limits on my hairstyles, or those of my siblings either. We could keep our hair pretty much how we wanted, within reason.

But probably since around the seventh grade, I've been fascinated with very, very short hairstyles on women, even the extreme cuts of buzzcuts and head shaves. And it's never been a thing of cutting someone's hair against their will or anything like that. I think we would all agree here that that is completely wrong and even illegal (I think so).

But it's also worth noting that I totally LOVE long hair on women as well. I think there's nothing as pretty as long, awesome hair. And I'm not the type of guy who necessarily fantasizes even about dating a gal with a buzzed head.

However, I do think a woman with a shaved or buzzed head is very sexy, and I would very much like to assist a woman in cutting off her hair someday. I can't quite pinpoint the reason for all this. Maybe it's because the nice features of her neck, eyes, and cute, little ears are exposed. There seems to be something very feminine to me for some reason about the shape and appearance of a woman's shaved head. Maybe it is because she is so willing to part with all that beautiful, long hair. Seeing a woman with great hair getting clippers run over her head is definitely an arousal thing for me. Any thoughts from others as to why?

I also love, though, too getting my own hair cut. I have pretty nice, normal hair, and it's not receeding or anything. And I keep it in a style a few inches long for the vast majority of the time. But I've also had my head completely shaved a couple times (with shaving cream and razor) and very much enjoyed the look and feel of this haircut. It's hard to keep your hands off your head! And I'm very nervous and excited as the clippers are running over my head.

I guess it is so comforting to know now that there are other people out there with similar stories or experiences to tell. I just always thought it kind of odd that I had this interest, not freakish or anything. And I guess we've known for years now that there are numerous women in the world that have no problems saying that they find bald men sexy. It would seem normal, then, that it could also be the other way around for some men ...

Posted By: Ed Cookingham
Date Posted: September 01 2003 at 4:47pm
I have been a hair enthusiast since I was a very young child.
Yes, at one time I focused on the actual touching, caressing,etc. of hair as all of us did, and I kept it a deep dark secret.
However, I evolved to a much higher level. I actually let people know my personal preferences of exremely short hair on women, including the cutting and preference of shaving her head. I let people know about my collecting hair, as we all did, and all the other things that go with it like taking photos of haircuts I like.
When the average woman found out about me learning to cut hair and liking the extremely short haircuts, I was just about inundated with requests to cut their hair. I think it was just something different that women found out about and it was interesting to them. Even when I was in the Army, I let it be known that I cut hair, and not only did the men want hair trims, but the women soldiers would come to my quarters and I cut their hair too.
Personally, I think hair-fetishism is the wrong word for the most of us who like this special kind of hobby. I think hair obsession is a more appropiate name to give it.
When I think of the word Hair-Fetish, I imagine someone who is fondling hair and "getting off on it" all the time, and nothing else.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. I have a lot more to say, but I do not wish to bore anyone with my drivel, as it were.

Ed Cookingham
Kingston, NY

-------------
Ed Cookingham

Posted By: GadgetMouse
Date Posted: September 03 2003 at 11:21am
I must admit that I myself have a hair obsession/fetish. I cant think of any place it could have started, I was always allowed total freedom with my hair, and I actually get some sort of thrill out of cutting my own hair. I guess you would say I'm more of a dominant force when it comes to this, but with no one to act out on, I act on myself. I am constantly cutting/dying/otherwise changing my own hair, often with no regard to what actually looks good (I usually get pretty lucky though).

-------------

Posted By: Ed Cookingham
Date Posted: September 03 2003 at 7:20pm
GadgetMouse -

Your "thing" is not at all unusual. Not at all.

Look at those who think the only look for a woman, is long hair. I actually knew a moronic idiot, who said many times the following statement,"A woman who does not have long hair, is not a real woman." This guy was/is an idiot.

Someone like yourself who constantly plays around with your hair is not unusual, at all. There are a huge amount of men and women who do this all the time. The beauty industry is staying rich from folks like yourself, even though they do not realise you are enjoying yourself.

Ed Cookingham

-------------
Ed Cookingham

Date Posted: September 04 2003 at 1:02pm
I don't like extremely short hair on girls at all. I used to only like long hair until not so long ago I developed much more of an appreciation for short hair - but no shorter than chin legnth. Hair being cut short to chin length I migh consider cute but anything shorter I don't find attractive.
I think the reason I find hair being chopped off as of recent is because it shows how long the hair was before.
I love long hair especially if it's thick and shaped.

I don't know it's a weird thing, I still prefer longer hair but it's not often you see it instantly grow so I guess that's why people have a liking for hair being cut and dyed, both instant changes. Hair extensions don't have the same impace because it's not something people are used to - hair "growing" instantly even if the end result is more attractive.

I love seeing long dark hair being bleached light blonde and maybe dyed an unnatural colour like bright red, it's not often I've seen it though.

I seem to be the only one with the colour attraction though.

-------------
nonetheless.

Date Posted: September 04 2003 at 3:52pm
You aren't alone, Vineman. I like to see the end result of colorization of hair. It's part of a drastic change thing that I find attractive.

I do, however, prefer women with chin length or shorter hair, which may be where we differ. Not fond of incredibly long hair on women (anything past mid-back is kinda odd in my opinion, but consider the source).

It is nice to see this thread last as long as it has and still be totally respectful toward everyone involved.

-------------
Peace to all

Date Posted: September 05 2003 at 3:35am
Yeah, the longer hair gets, the more likely it is to look limp and stringy, and the more likely it is to be damaged, especially if it's treated harshly with heat or chemicals. I think hair starts to look limp or damaged, in a lot of women, if it gets much past the shoulders, but I definitely prefer very short hair. I like to see the ears and nape, as I think those are the sexiest parts of a woman.

Originally posted by HeadBoy HeadBoy wrote:

I do, however, prefer women with chin length or shorter hair, which may be where we differ. Not fond of incredibly long hair on women (anything past mid-back is kinda odd in my opinion, but consider the source).

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: jonny
Date Posted: September 06 2003 at 11:45pm
What a great board and stimulating discussion!! I am a 40 year old male and have had a hair obsession since I was very young. I know exactly how it started. Growing up in the sixties was a great period of change in this country. My father would sit me down on a yellow step stool in the kitchen and buzz my head with his clippers. I would cry as I felt it was a punishment for something I had done wrong, which it frequently was. My mother and dad would fight about my haircuts and the more they fought, the shorter my hair was cut.
I have a sister, seven years my senior, who teased me mercilessly over my "pigshaves" as she would call my haircuts. Remember this was the flower power 60''s and long hair was popular on young men and women. short hair was considered part of the "establishment". I began to fantasize about cutting my sisters long blonde hair off as reverge for her torture. As I grew older I began to dig through garbage cans behind salons looking for hair clippings. I was rewarded with a couple of ponytails. One day when I was waiting to have my hair cut a teen girl had her long blonde hair cut into a pixie. The image solidified into my developing psyche. I collected hair clippings and style magazines for years and told no one because I was afraid they would think me weird. About a year after I married my wife I got caught digging through a salon dumpster. They threatened to call the police. In tears, I told my wife everything. She was relieved that I wasn't having an affair. She went to a couple of hair shows with me and after a couple of years had her long hair cut into a buzzed back inverted bob by a barber/stylist. She still wears her hair in short bob styles and likes it that way. I am so glad I told her. She doesn't completely understand my desires but from time to time indulges me by having our hair cut together in an old fashioned barbershop by a nice lady barber. We always have great sex for days following these haircuts. Thanks again for the candid discussion.

Date Posted: September 08 2003 at 8:58pm
Very stimulating thread!
Hair fetishist here too and relieving feelings when i found out about this net underground world.

This "thing" developed during my childhood and I stronly believe childhood experiences are the main channel to this fetish. I'm a guy. I used to have my hair cut both at barbershops and in ladies' salons. Being very shy, I used to fear having my hair cut very short and people commenting about it, my mother considered short haircuts as a threat and a punishment.

I think dom/sub is, in fact, part of the picture, not for everybody and the very interpretation of it isn't univocal: cutting can mean submitting but who dares to go damn short usually shows self-confidence and this latter quality puts you somehow in a dominant position. What about then seeing long hair as a hassle and physical burden for entertaining in certain activities and taking up a certain role?

Does anybody find in it even some kind of gender confusion and curiosity in crossing borders swapping roles and so on?

Just a few thoughts.

Me, myself and I

Posted By: Igor
Date Posted: September 12 2003 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way.

I come here to learn about ways to take care of my hair and to learn more about styles and products, and to share my experiences about the same with others.

Because there are nice and interesting people here, I also post on non-hair forums that interest me.

But aroused by hair? No.

Elissa

You said it!

-------------
1BCiii
Golden/reddish blonde
Growing out from 0 mm, now a little
below shoulder lenght

Date Posted: September 13 2003 at 12:05am
To me a fetish just for a hair style or length doesn't make sense. If I find a person unattractive it doesn't matter what kind of hair they have.

What does make sense is if you really like a certain hairstyle better than certain other styles and a person that you like as a person and find attractive is also wearing that hairstyle you like. Then the hairstyle just makes you find that person even more attractive!
Now that makes sense to me.

-------------
tina

Date Posted: September 13 2003 at 12:05am
To me a fetish just for a hair style or length doesn't make sense. If I find a person unattractive it doesn't matter what kind of hair they have.

What does make sense is if you really like a certain hairstyle better than certain other styles and a person that you like as a person and find attractive is also wearing that hairstyle you like. Then the hairstyle just makes you find that person even more attractive!

-------------
tina

Date Posted: September 14 2003 at 6:42am
If you see someone cut their hair short from long, it can be attractive, or grow it long from short, that can be even more attractive. I just really like long and seeing it swishy.

But it is true taht if a girl wasn't attractive I wouldn't care too much about her hair.

-------------
nonetheless.

Date Posted: September 15 2003 at 4:39am
*shrugs* But hair can drastically change a person's appearance, and perceived attractiveness, so I think it makes sense. There have been so many times I wouldn't even look twice at a woman when her hair was long, but once she goes short I think she's just beautiful.
However, if someone has a really unattractive face or is a real *****, I won't like her no matter what her hair is like. I might see her and think she has pretty hair, but I won't be drooling over her like I would a more pleasant and attractive woman with pretty hair. And if I like someone as a person and she has hair I really don't like, I'm more likely to forgive the bad hair than if I don't like someone and she has bad hair on top of that. It's not an absolute, hair is everything, sort of thing. The hair means a lot, sure, but there are other factors, too.

Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Date Posted: September 15 2003 at 1:30pm
I liked this girl once she semed really nice but then she turned all nasty but I still can't help looking at her sometimes cause she has really cool hair. Sucks.

-------------
nonetheless.

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: September 15 2003 at 6:11pm
Interesting read. Makes me wonder what Iīm even doing here, without any other reason than finding tips to take care of my hair, and getting caught in some interesting hair related sociological discussion! I canīt even sport a husband the slightest bit interested in brushing my hair...

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Date Posted: September 15 2003 at 7:00pm
Well I'm glad you are posting here Viktoria.
Scandinavians are good people and Sweden, like Norway and Denmark, is a lovely country.

Posted By: jonny
Date Posted: September 15 2003 at 11:25pm
I would be interested in what everyones opinion is of the Catwalk Hair Salon. They have their models hair done in a commercial salon, yet most of the models choose short to very short haircuts. The work that their stylists do is very precise and the models seem happy with the results. Just interested in everyones thoughts. Jonny

-------------
jonny

Date Posted: September 18 2003 at 12:05pm
I've been following this provocative thread since its inception, and finally have gotten up the courage to say YES! There IS such a thing as a hair fetish! I have a hair fetish! (Why do I feel like I'm at an Al-anon meeting- which I've never been to?) Hair is probably the first physical characteristic I notice on a woman. Face and figure come next. Cleavage isn't that important to me.

Actually, it's certain hairstyles or the way hair is worn that really turn me on. My wife thinks I'm absolutely nuts that my hair fetish includes those wide plastic tortoise shell toothed headbands (generally those made by Goody and Scunchi), which is the only accessory I like that her thick, wavy chin length 'pouf' can accomodate. When I ask her to wear one for moments of, er, intimacy, I always remind her that if I have to have a fetish, at least it's one that's safe- and clean.

As to WHY headbands turn me on, I'll never know.
But that's been the case since I was in elementary school during the mid-late sixties, when headbands were extremely popular. Watch a WONDER YEARS rerun and you'll see what I mean. At age 44, my ardor for them has not cooled in the least.

My fetish is also provoked by a full ponytail held back with a clip or barrette, especially if to the middle or high on the head. Ponytails held back with an elastic or scrunchie don't do anything for me, unless it's high on the head and bounces when in motion. I love to watch a woman make a high ponytail in this manner if, when done, she spreads the hair apart with her hands, making it look that much thicker and bushier.

My ALL-TIME fetish provoker is when a woman twists her hair into a ponytail, bends over and clips the twisted part to the back of her head with a large clip. When she straightens up, the reverse ponytail (or 'flip-flop', as nicknamed by an ex-girlfriend) hangs down behind the head and over the shoulders in a way that looks absolutely adorable- more so when she moves. This is best achieved with straight hair at least mid-back length. A similar effect can be created with a banana, claw or dolphin clip, but it's not a true 'flip-flop' without a curved Goody.

One of the most sensual moments I can experience is a woman's hair touching my face. Would that qualify as a fetish?

I'd better go throw cold water on my face now-

Posted By: TMortis
Date Posted: July 17 2009 at 9:29am
Why did this post stop?  This is one of the finest posts on the fetish subject.  For me it is curls.  I love watching  a perm, getting a perm.  I love the girl on Law and Order ( I think)  her curls are beautiful.  what I don't understand is why those with curls want it straighjt and those with straight ( like me) want it curly?

-------------
Tommi

Posted By: les237
Date Posted: August 05 2009 at 5:00pm
Tommi, you mean Tamara Tunie?  I would kill for curls like hers.  But I suppose the grass is always greener, right?

Posted By: TMortis
Date Posted: August 08 2009 at 7:07am
Melina Kanakaredes CSI NY

-------------
Tommi

Posted By: les237
Date Posted: August 08 2009 at 2:07pm
Oh her curls are gorgeous also.  I'd love to have those curls!!

Print Page | Close Window