Print Page | Close Window

Too old for mushroom haircut?? Your advices please

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8813
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:57pm

Topic: Too old for mushroom haircut?? Your advices please
Posted By: KirsVandeuren
Subject: Too old for mushroom haircut?? Your advices please
Date Posted: June 07 2004 at 3:36pm
(The hair Politics forum is probably more suitable then the Men's hair forum where I posted this before)

Hi everybody,

I am a fan of a kind of mushroom haircut. It's hard to find pictures of it, but maybe you know what I'm talking about if I refer to the boy in "dr. Quinn medicine woman".

I'm not really a fan of the extreme 'mushroom haircut', where there is a big immediate difference between the length on the top and the length in the neck. But I really appreciate the softer (more discrete?) version of this haircut.

The problem is that you hardly ever see this kind of haircut on adults. That's why I really regret that I've never had this haircut when I was a kid. Right now, I'm 25 years old and I wonder if what your opinion is on this kind of haircuts on 'older' people.

I'm kind of a discrete person. I like to keep a low profile, and I'm afraid for the reactions of people.

Should I choose for a more mature haircut?

Thank you very much for your advice.

ps: if someone knows where I could find pictures of this kind of haircuts, I would be very grateful.

Replies:
Posted By: duke
Date Posted: June 08 2004 at 4:11am
Do what you like. It's no big deal. Be yourself.

BTW, I recall that c. 1991, when the mushroom cut was in style, a teacher at my middle school, who I think was in his 40s, had one. And we're talking a REAL mushroom haircut, not some halfway thing IIRC.

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: June 08 2004 at 11:07am
It’s remarkable how frequently you see this particular haircut on younger people. In Europe it’s really popular for boys until 15-16 years old.

Any idea why it totally disappears afterwards?

Posted By: phil
Date Posted: June 13 2004 at 7:17pm
I don't know. Personally, I find the "mushroom" quite fetching, but in the UK it's regarded as a "kid's cut" and nothing else. A pity really, as it's one of the few cuts which looks great on both sexes.

-------------
phil