Print Page | Close Window

Hair poll

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=885
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 6:38am

Topic: Hair poll
Posted By: Watereed
Subject: Hair poll
Date Posted: February 10 2004 at 2:17pm
Hi, Im new here. Ive been reading posts but ive not written any until now. I was curous as to how long everyones hair actualy is here. Mine is 30 inches long useing the forehead to ends method and very straight blond.

Replies:
Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: February 10 2004 at 2:51pm
It is 26 inches, using the same mode of measurement.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 10 2004 at 7:05pm
Using the same measurement technique, I am at 67 inches. But hey, I am 6 feet tall.

-------------

Posted By: Jenna
Date Posted: February 10 2004 at 7:23pm
Hi waterweed, welcome to the board! Your hair sounds pretty from the description. I don't know the actual measurement of mine, but it's about an inch past my shoulders and has a lot of growing to do.

-------------

Posted By: Grace912
Date Posted: February 10 2004 at 10:26pm
I don't know the exact measurement of mine either, but it's BSL when I leave it naturally wavy/curly and slightly longer when I straighten it.

-------------
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: February 11 2004 at 11:40am
40 inches using the same method. It's straight anyway, so that doen't make a difference.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Nicole
Date Posted: February 18 2004 at 11:32pm
Last I checked, it was ~47" from hairline to ends, mildly wavy/curly, and hangs to my upper-mid thighs.

-------------

Posted By: catt_grrl
Date Posted: February 19 2004 at 9:33am
Mine is a bit beyond 61"--which is approaching my ankles since I'm only 5'.

-------------

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: February 19 2004 at 10:38am
33 inches, or 84 centimeters.

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: TheaEvanda
Date Posted: February 20 2004 at 2:47am
My hair is just too short - BSL. I can't measure just now since yesterday I braided 16 small braids for an imitation-perm this evening.

-------------

Posted By: Anne-Loes
Date Posted: February 21 2004 at 2:34pm
My hair is about 40 inches or 1 meter long.

-------------
Anne-Loes

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: February 21 2004 at 7:13pm
Same way of measuring, it's 23 inches (keeping track in my sig). I'm a tad shorter than 5ft, and it's just a bit wavy.

-------------

Posted By: AmandaPanda
Date Posted: February 22 2004 at 11:03am
Almost 31½" measured the typical way... from front hairline. My hair falls at my hips. I'm 5'4½"

-------------
http://amandapandahair.spaces.live.com/ - My Long Hair Odyssey

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 22 2004 at 2:55pm
;_; My hair is only about 10 inches long at most. I want it to be atl east 20...

Posted By: Laine1998
Date Posted: February 23 2004 at 3:32pm
Mine is about 32 inches. Although I'm getting ready to have a couple inches cut off to give me a blunt cut on Friday.

Amanda, our hair is quite similiar looking, the only difference is where it falls. Mine is about at my waist as I'm 5'8.5"

-------------

Posted By: Michele Patton
Date Posted: February 23 2004 at 10:34pm
This is my first time posting on this site. I am 5'2" and my hair is a little past my waist. I would feel naked if I didn't have my long hair.

-------------

Date Posted: February 25 2004 at 9:24pm
Hi Michele, and welcome to the board... I think we can relate to your appreciation for long hair.

Just want to say "thanks!" to everyone who has shared their responses here. This has been a fun poll. Good idea for a topic, Watereed!

-------------

Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:52am
I've never measured my hair before! Since it's in layers, I thought the best way to try this would be to just simply measure the back of my hair in a straight line from bottom to top (but not extending up to the crown/very top of my head. I got 22 inches like that.

Can someone explain the forehead method please? Thanks!

-------------
[/url]
http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Can someone explain the forehead method please? Thanks!

Hi Elissa!

Take the tape measure and place the "zero" at the hairline of your forehead at the point where you have (or would have) a center part. From there, go back over the top/crown of your head, and from there to the ends. Sure, it adds about 6 inches, more or less to the actual length of the longest strands on your head, but it does give a reference point from which to get consistent and comparable measurements for hair length.

Hope that makes sense... ?

-------------

Posted By: Caill
Date Posted: March 10 2004 at 2:40pm
Hi all!
My hair is about 30 inches long. So at around 6 foot tall it is about 3/4's of the way down my back! And I have been growing it for years! And to the girls that that have their photo in their post, your hair is lovely! My hair is about the same colour! I get high lights so I'm quite blonde at the ends. My nat colour is starting to go darker.
Love the site!
Love my long hair! Hehe!
Caill

Date Posted: March 14 2004 at 5:36pm
Hi Caill, glad to hear you love the site. and long hair, too.

-------------

Posted By: LongBraidz
Date Posted: March 18 2004 at 8:50pm
DaveDecker...oh my goodness...are you serious about your hair being 67 inches long? If so...how long did it take your hair to grow that length? I'am awestruck!!!!

-------------
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~

Date Posted: March 18 2004 at 10:43pm
Hi LongBraidz,

Yep, 67 inches, per the George Michael methodology of placing a measuring tape at the forehead and going back over the top of the head and down to the tips. (and my tips are quite thin.)

I am hoping to be able to upload & post a small avatar photo soon. Might give just a bit of an idea how my hair looks.

Thanks for the kind words.

-------------

Posted By: Lady Godiva
Date Posted: March 21 2004 at 2:00pm
It's been a while since last I was here...

My hair was 69 inches long last December 6, the last time I measured it.

Jennifer Eve

-------------
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:19am
woah. that is very very long. where does it measure on you? My hair is a bit over 30 inches, dark blond and straight with a few waves in it. natural. 

Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:54pm
Calf length for me!  

Jennifer Eve's is now ankle-length.

-------------

Posted By: Lady Godiva
Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 7:36pm
Hmmm, my hair is about 73 inches long now.  4 inches in 1 year, factoring in a couple of 1/2-inch trims: not bad!!

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:40pm
NOT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazingly long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have thought all those really long hairs would have fallen out by know. How often do you get your hair cut Lady G? 

Print Page | Close Window