Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Wave Battle Type Concept: Judging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ChristianTN8IS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianTN8IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Wave Battle Type Concept: Judging
    Posted: October 22 2007 at 10:01pm
In many competitions judges are selected and there is a rubric to go by for judging.  In the past judging of wave battles has been biased I think on varying circomestances.

I think waves should be judged Boxing Round style, each category being a round. 
You could do public scoring, or do a private battle where 3 360 vets are chosen as the designated judges.  After viewing all photos, they would release the scores judges as such. 

For example

Waver 1 vs. 2

Connection:Waver 1 wins 10-8
Overall Visibility:Waver 1 wins 10-9
Top: Tie 10-10
Left: Waver 2 wins 10-8
Right Waver 2 wins 10-9
Back: Waver 1 wins 10-8
Crown: Waver 2 wins 10-9

10-9 is they won but it was close, 10-8 is they pretty much obviously won, and 10-7 would just be like wow one guy has a crazy spinnin side and the other guy got no waves there.
lol if we know they kitted dq... jp but

I think this could make things more interesting, and even more fair.  Its just an idea tho guys, so dont juz hate n diss the idea
http://myspace.com/christianh

mrclean1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 10:07pm
wow.....lol.check my new avi........sweet huh
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 10:30pm
great idea i wonder what the others think of this??? i Like it  and it haz my votes and i say only votes that should be calculated (counted iz those who are in the 360 vet club... or can get in dat room cause we ware fair,,,
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 10:53pm
No. I can't role with it. I've never been witness to anything like this and I feel you guys are just reaching with this.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 11:15pm
Sounds interest but that would cut back on taking pics on angles lol it could be good but we should have a vote a couple days before a battle so we can pic 3 judges to judge this battle
[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Gristyle/84497587_l.gif" />
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
Lil D.C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil D.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 3:04am

Gristyle is right about the angles.I need the angles.

Meech313 defeated
KingCash-tie rematch soon
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 3:35am
Originally posted by ChristianTN8IS ChristianTN8IS wrote:

In many competitions judges are selected and there is a rubric to go by for judging.  In the past judging of wave battles has been biased I think on varying circomestances.

Interesting concept but whose to say that when you get these selected judges that they won't be biased. It can be picked at random and you have 3 judges who are supposed to vote. Two of those judges might vote on whose better and one might vote on who they favor more....thats just one scenario of many..
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 4:16am
I like da idea, but there's really no way 2 stop people 4 votin 4 who dey wanna vote 4 whether dey deserve da vote or not. Its just da way it is. nobody here is gettin paid 2 do da right thing so everyone isnt gonna do it. I'm sure that there's members here who actually vote based on waves and not other things. 4 dis 2 work everyone would have 2 agree on the 3 judges dat can b trusted da most 2 b completely fair. Maybe set up a poll of a few vets and pick 3 out of da list. There's 2 many vets 2 set up a poll wit all of em bcuz there wont b enough votes and there would b alot of ties bcuz of da high number. So maybe everyone can nominate 5 or 6 vets and da ones wit da most nominations can b placed in da poll.
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 5:43am
Sounds like a good idea , Sleepy if you set up the pols make sure that the people nominated to judge a battle are impartial and shows no favoritism towards anybody, it has to be straight down the middle if I feel like a battle isn't getting called down the middle like if I see a call blatantly go against the opponent then the judge will be replaced with someone who stands to gain nothing from the victor of the battle.  I like the idea though it would definitely set us apart from the other sites.

Edited by jamaicakid85 - October 23 2007 at 5:44am

Waves(2001-Present)
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 6:01am

I got it J-Kid. Any Nominations people?

S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 6:26am
he well put up all the 360 vets in the poll that are ACTIVE!!!! i wanna use this system un my battle on monday....
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 6:33am
there's 2 many vets that r active 2 put em all in a poll.
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 6:35am
Just randomly nominate people not every Vet can be in it we can switch judging duties monthly.

Waves(2001-Present)
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 8:45am
Ok no responses well I nominate Wave Connection he knows what he knows his schit. While I am here I will also nominate Davo because he stands to gain nothing at all from this and also knows his schit.

Waves(2001-Present)
stormy_seas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 8:51am
^... uh, dub c is the most biased vet here
he said my waves were crap because of my 1 criss cross
you know if he ever disputed w/ someone he would vote against them
and overly criticize

not hatin, but i hope you can see that
www.datpiff.com
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Gristyle Gristyle wrote:

Sounds interest but that would cut back on taking pics on angles lol it could be good but we should have a vote a couple days before a battle so we can pic 3 judges to judge this battle

If we go through with this then 3 judges will have to keep judging duties for a month before someone else gets voted in , just for consistency and then after one person has judged about 7-10 battles I will hold a vote to see if the person should be a permanant judge, and nobody's judging regardless of whoever gets nominated won't be biased otherwise they face the wrath of Allar "da" god Angry.

Waves(2001-Present)
ChristianTN8IS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianTN8IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Gristyle Gristyle wrote:

The angle pics should be included to help your connection score. 
Also, I just picked what I thought would be the best round scores, if you guys have any other ideas for ways to rate, feel free to share because they aren't set in stone yet.

Maybe we can add cleanness as a category?  Like quality of the edgeups?  Hmm

I would have said depth, but its kind of unfair as depth is undeniably hugely factored by texture.  and + somebody wolfin week 10 is gonna beat somebody with a 1.5WTG for depth too.
http://myspace.com/christianh

Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 1:38pm

I like your idea Christian. Maybe we can uniformity of hair, mean all hair laid down nice and neat

I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by stormy_seas stormy_seas wrote:

^... uh, dub c is the most biased vet here
he said my waves were crap because of my 1 criss cross
you know if he ever disputed w/ someone he would vote against them
and overly criticize

not hatin, but i hope you can see that

I can see you, Skrilla, and Don Twist seem to have disputes with Dub-C if you guys are battling someone , then someone else will take his place if you don't think it would be impartial.

Waves(2001-Present)
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 1:49pm
we should nominate 4 judges incase somebody cannot make it
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic