Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed some waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
pimped_out View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some waves
    Posted: April 25 2003 at 11:52pm
Hey wassup yall.I am a guy thats obsessed with waves.I'm 16 yrs old.I think waves are very neat.I was browsing the internet and this site came up.I want waves in ma hair but I dont know to get them.So could yall tell what to do get some nice waves please?Thanks yall.
e_mart816 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 2:34pm
some people say brush hair in hot water
kens View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2004 at 1:42pm
really you brush your hair mad times at night. all around.front sides and back. then you put your du-rag on and in the mourning, brush it again and put the du-rag back on.your hair has to be clean though nd thoroughly greased.
LilTj124 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 9:58pm
I know how.I have waves my self.First wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner at the same time.Then when you get out the shower leave your hair wet and get some grease.Get about a quarter size of grease.Rub it around your head.Now brush your hair.Brush the top forward.Brush the back backwards and brush the sides down.Brush hair for about 5 minutes and put your durag on.When you wake up in teh morning brush hair again for 5 minutes and you should have waves.
lil jay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 10:32pm
hey what kind of gress is the best
Young View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2004 at 12:53am
dax is kool but i use 360 /it works but u just don't get waves over night u got to work for them keep ur brush on u at all time and have a ccol babra that can cut sick i get my hair going with the grain and my waves will make a nigga or girl sea sick
RubberBandMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 3:31pm
first of all your hair haz to be short right?.. but can u get waves wit straight hair?
hen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 8:37pm
can chinese ppl get waves? n how?
Bjanbkboi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2004 at 8:33pm
hey can u help me 2. im 15 an i got sum waves at the top of my head but im aimin for sum 360's. i was wonderin wat was the best route to go, should i use that s-curl texturizer and use wave pomade or should i just go a different route. i use 360 style an i brush it. i wear my durag at home an wen im asleep so wat else should i do an how long will it take? thanx
Kevin Jenkins View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 10:58pm
this may be a dumb*** question but here goes: when you say brush the hair backwards do u mean up or down?!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 5:35pm
lol kevin i see u in here too

brush the hair in the direction it grows meaning comb the back hair towards your neck...the front hair towards the forhead and the sides towards the ear or whatever direction it is...

some people dont get the waves all at one time u may have waves in the front and not at the back they should eventually appear tho i hear it takes a while i asked my boys....

and they said to use 360 waves by s curl
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2004 at 9:31pm
how long would u say a "while" would be?
hdiesel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2004 at 3:27pm
For me, I follow the technique like the guy said above, wash you hair and and get out the shower, and i pass the towel over it only once once(hair should still be pretty wet) and put the grease in(when i was starting I used the sportin waves in the gold can holds strong and washes out better than dax) follow the directions on the amount to use and massage it evenly into hair. then brush in the proper direction; I imagine the the top of my head (were most ppl get the swirl) is the middle of my circle, and i brush out from there in all directions(top = brush forward, side = brush to temples, between top and ear= brush down toward ear, back = brush toward neck). After that i place on my stocking cap, and call it a night. I personally like stocking caps over durags b/c all the hair is held down better and more even that way, and if you get the ones with the wider band, you don't get the marks on your forehead. Once my waves were flowing i switched to the sportin waves in the black can since it washes out better and my hair pratically laid down by itself after 2-3 months(out of the shower).
hdiesel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2004 at 3:29pm
Oh by the way, when i get ready to head out, i take of the stocking cap, and kinda brush it in the same directions mentioned to "touch up".
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 10:36am
ok i dont know a while means not the next day... my male friends been doing theirs since highschool we are in college now i dont kow how long they actually took but I know they keep them there well.

You just have to work at it cause everyones hair will react slower or faster than the next persons
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 1:54pm
ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 6:58pm
uh... how long does it take to put the s-curl in your hair and style it?
anthony View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2004 at 1:23am
Originally posted by trey trey wrote:

ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks

dog i've had waves for 6 years my shyt is spinning i have pics on tha net to prove it all u have to do is wash your hair brush it then put some grease in it called kuza,ultrastar, it will have u spinning, wear a doo rag and u cool but if you don't have good hair it's gonna be hard it's all about the texture of your hair dog, when u put the grease in brush to your hair his silver like.
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2004 at 3:47pm
ok i looked up kuza and ultrastar and there was nothing that had to do wit grease for waves

wat are u talking about dog

ps i was wondering the amount of time it took to get the waves
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2004 at 3:48pm
OH yea and wat type of hair do u mean when u say good hair

please explain thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic