Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aromatherapy Recipes To Stop Foot Aromas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carolee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aromatherapy Recipes To Stop Foot Aromas?
    Posted: April 19 2003 at 4:44pm
Hi,

I love wearing wooden clogs w/ leather soles but unfortunately the combo of the leather and the soles tend to cause my shoes to acquire a strong "aroma". I tried sprinkling Dr. Scholls powder and baby powder but it is only a short term fix. Any ideas on what might work from the magic aromatherapy box?

Thanks in advance.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 5:39pm
Hello

Bergamot eo is a deodoriser par excellence.
Peppermint ditto.

Take your pick or try both.

Cheers

Uzma
Uzi

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 1:04pm
Hi Uzma,

Would you recommend that a someone mix a few drops of essential peppermint oil with a powder or would you recommend using a lotion that had peppermint mixed into it? I wear sandles in the summer in Dallas and I constantly worry about this issue myself since I would hate having "intense" feet. :-)

Thanks for the info.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 2:46pm
Hi Karen

If your sandals/shoes have leather or suede inner soles, I suggest you apply the eos directly to them (about 5-10 drops on the dry soles), rather than to your feet.

If you wish to apply directly to the feet then I suggest you only use the peppermint if feet are exposed to the sunlight as bergament is a photo-sensitive oil (potentially causing your skin to burn when progressively exposed to sunlight).
In this case I would mix the eo in a light, water-diluted skin lotion and apply to the feet.

Another working solution is to sprinkle Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti) inside shoes/sandals and on feet. This absorbs smells and has no smell of it's own.

Hope that helps.

Uzma
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic