Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stretch Marks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stretch Marks?
    Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:38pm
I have read that the cosmetic surgeons have made amazing progress with using lasers on stretch marks to reduce them. Has anyone read anything like this before? I would love to know more.

Star
Gesse View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 2:35am
Cocoa butter is supposed to help a lot to soften stretch marks. I have heard you can also get laser treatments but I don't have any info on that. Sorry.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 2:36pm
I saw a new product called StriVectin D on the web and it is supposed to be some kind of miracle for stretch marks, and to a lesser degree wrinkles. I haven't tried it yet because it is about $100 for a six month supply but if you do a Google search on it you'll get a lot of hits. It was originally developed for stretch marks.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I saw a new product called StriVectin D on the web and it is supposed to be some kind of miracle for stretch marks, and to a lesser degree wrinkles. I haven't tried it yet because it is about $100 for a six month supply but if you do a Google search on it you'll get a lot of hits. It was originally developed for stretch marks.

AAH! Don't buy that stuff! ^_^;; If you read the ingredients, there is NOTHING in there that you can't get from an $8 over-the-counter wrinkle cream, a bottle of moisturizer, and a LOAD of oils that you really don't want on your face if you have sensitive skin. O_O Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, the "miracle drug" on that page is used in just about every wrinkle cream out there. Save yourself some money by reading the ingredients first ;)
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 3:30pm
Well, that is good to know. I was intrigued by all the adds but couldn't find anyone who had tried it. Thanks for filling us in.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 7:18pm
coco butter works good on stretch marcks. cheaper too.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 12:14am
When skin is stretched, it only makes sense that the skin cannot be "unstretched." Do you mean the depth of color that stretch marks leave?

It's been my experience that the intensity (color) of stretch marks (due to the miracle of childbirth) does indeed fade with time.

But I'm not sure how to eliminate the marks without actual surgery.

This may be an odd analogy, but think about taffy! Once it's stretched, it can be stuffed back together, but it will never look quite the same as in the unstretched position.
ll_insomnia_ll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll_insomnia_ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 2:53am
A lot of people get stretch marks in their teen years.. but thats pretty much normal since their bodies are growing. They usually go away though. (In the teen situation)
no
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 9:06pm
As for the StriVectin-SD, I read about that stuff in the Lifetime magazine (from the cable channel, Lifetime). They were saying to use this stuff INSTEAD of botox. Yes, the article does say it removes stretch marks, however they are saying it is a good alternative to Botox.

As for if it works, not sure. The article said a 6 ounce tube costs $138 directly from the makers at www.strivectin.com.

The article, for anyone who cares, is in the September issue of Lifetime, and if you cannot find it then you may want to try to goto their website www.lifetimemag.com. I am not saying it works for anything, but saw that someone mentioned it and thought I would add the little I knew about it. I was actually thinking of trying it as an alternative to Botox (because some of the stories I have heard frighten me).

If you cannot find the September issue, since it is now October, then if you would like to read it you can email me (dana073@aol.com) and I will send it to you.

Dana
baja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2003 at 12:06pm
I recently hadbreast lift suregery and all I can say is Bag Balm in the green tin and Coaco Butter with Vitamin E are my friends! The Bag Balm is REALLY good stuff, especially if you want an overnight treatment. I have used all for 4 weeks and my scars have healed wonderfully! Good Luck
Jeannie H View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannie H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 11:03pm
Hi,

Where would one get bag balm? I am losing weight slowly but my skin is not snapping back as quickly as I would like it to and if bag balm would help I would definitely be willing to try it.

Thanks in advance.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2003 at 7:54pm
You can find bag balm at Walmart. Good luck to ya! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Akhirah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:22am
I heard for a long time that Coaco Butter can get rid of stretch marks, but i've been using it for about 3 years and i have NO good results at all. I just wish somebody would have a product that works one of these days...
A Voice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Voice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 12:07pm
I lost about 35 pounds a couple of years ago and during that time I used a body wash and a lotion that both had collegen. I'm not a dr or anything, but I learned that our skin's elasticity is tied into the collegen level. All I can say is that I didn't get any stretch marks from losing all that weight. Not one. Now this year I've lost 40 pounds and I have stretch marks on my boobs. Sure it's about 3 years later and all, but I think the added collegen really made a difference last time. I plan to go back on that regimen and also to use the skim firming lotions that are out there on the market now. There are some really affordable ones now you can buy right off the shelf. I think as long as you do SOMETHING and do it CONSISTENTLY in order to see results. If you've used cocoa butter for years and you STILL have the problem, it is time to try another approach.
tennischick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennischick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 9:27pm
this isnt actually about cosmetic surgery for removing scars but to save u some money
use
cocoa butter everymorning and night and whenever it gets dry and also vitamin e oil u can get that at ur local drug store it really works well i recently burned my self on a motorcyle(not bad) but i hav been using both and they work well
i hav a motorcycle burn not bad but enough to scar bad and i use those product and they work miracles for all my scars and stuff like that so try that befor u get surgery
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 3:50pm
Check out http://www.Striae.com ~ it was developed by the head of Dermatology Dept. at UCLA. This stuff is truly amazing and it is the only stretch mark cream with clinical data.
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:42pm

I had geatational diabeties when I was pregnant... So I gained ALOT of weight. With all that weight came alot of stretch marks.  I had my son a year ago.  Well in Feb. I just now started to think about bathing suits, and started putting Vitamin E on them. I just poke the capsul and squeez it out and rub it right on. In 2 weeks I noticed them completely flatten, and now two more weeks later the smaller ones are almost not noticable at all. I put it on twice a day, if I shower more then once I put it on everytime I shower. Then make sure to slather a bunch on before bed. Its probably alot cheaper then any cream you could buy.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by ll_insomnia_ll ll_insomnia_ll wrote:

A lot of people get stretch marks in their teen years.. but thats pretty much normal since their bodies are growing. They usually go away though. (In the teen situation)

I am wondering about stretch marks aswell. I got them in my later teen years around my hips, in the middle of my lower back, and of course on my Behind... they are kinda white.. scarred kind of lines.
I haven't found anything yet that makes them less noticable. I've tried anti-wrinkle cream, all kinds of lotions,they did fade over time, but are still there... I SEE YOU, DON'T THINK I DON'T! Anywhoo, I dont' think thier really is a sure fire way of totally REMOVING them. Have you seen Anna Nicole? Have you spotted the scars on her lower stomach? She's rich enough to afford any kind of surgery she wants... and that is still there.

~* Bambi Lee *~
pisceschica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:49pm
I've tried a mixture of palmers coco butter and cocobutter for strectch mark lotion (w/ shea butter in it) twice a day; massage it in really good. They're still there but alot less noticeable. I've heard of alot of other effective treatments but since i'm saving up for plastic surgery this is the CHEAPEST way that has worked so far.  Good luck to you. .
muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:39am
dont waste your money.. nothing will make them go away.. its proven.. plus stretch marks lose the redness in a lil bit of time so just wait and see them be less noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic