Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHRINKIES - REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 10:42am

hi

thanks for the information sherrie on shrinkies, someone has emailed me and said they will send some samples, so hopefully I will be able to install soon...

on a previous thread someone said that shrinkies have glue inside, do they all have this, or just some brands...

I will follow your advice on using a heat wand, and I think I'll use a silicone heat pad to roll the shrinkie a bit, as I don't fancy a flat bond somehow...

also Thon01 is a real sweety, and he is very amusing sometimes...

we are all very pleased you have joined our board, and look forward to lots more helpful input about hair extensions from all you experts...

Edited by zephyr
http://www.nailsnsuch
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:13am
Some companies are tyring to sell shrinkies that don't have glue.  But I doubt they will last too long since without the glue they don't work!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 6:06pm

zephyr, from all the experiments that we have tried with different shrink tubing/shrinkies with and without the glue lining we have learned that the ones with NO glue just plain DONT WORK! But the very thin coating of adhesive inside a shrinkie is a minimal amount of glue and is a breeze to remove in comparison to the amount of glue with a fusion bond.

The only brand of shrink tubes without glue that Ive heard of that work are Mark Barrington shrink links. And Metalgirl would be able to tell you more about those.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 10:54pm

I don't know if I would say the the MB shrink links don't have glue.  I'm not really sure what their composition is, as he likes to keep thier exact composition a secret.

I do know that they shrink down very well and still in the hair very well on most people.

zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 5:14am

thanks a lot Sherrie...

and all the other Hair Extension Experts on the board...

I am not sure what brands of shrinkies are being sent, so I will have to wait until they come...

One question?

If human hair has to be pre-bonded first, then this is with glue, so shouldn't that hold onto the heated shrinkie quite firmly when the heat wand presses down?

I believe I need to pre-bond before using to prevent shedding?

Edited by zephyr
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 7:10am

also thanks for the warm welcome...

and all the private messages I have received from you all...

Emma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:52am

Hi Everyone

I have been invited by Karen Shelton the owner of this site to put right what has been going on at hair boutique.  I am the owner and sole administrator of Nails n Stuff and would like to make it clear to everyone that I do not in anyway support any inappropriate behaviour on my site.  I have set up my site to encourage and support people in the beauty and hair industries and personal issues between people on this board should not get in the way of enjoying my sites benefits.   My moderators have been an asset to my forum areas and I invite you to put personal issues behind you and concentrate on using our boards for what they are intended.  If you have issues with a posting in my site such as funny and eccentric Thon01’s postings you can always either laugh or start a thread of your own.  I do not know what went on with you all personally but all I can say is I have no involvement and neither does my site I own it and do not want it to have a bad reputation as it has always been developed for good intensions.  I have good positive editorial in many magazines and not everyone can be wrong.  My moderator has been a keen contributor to the hair forum having won a competition for a banner on my site and feel very unhappy that you should dismiss my site due to any personal disputes among members.

Regards

Emma (Admin)

Nails n Stuff

Emma (Admin)
www.nailnstuff.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic