Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SILICONE TESTING -Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 8:02pm

Originally posted by purrmachine purrmachine wrote:

But I cannot justify paying hundreds of dollars for a batch of manufactured hair, especially since it doesn't even last through multiple applications.  I guess they'll charge for it as long as there are people out there willing to pay for it.

That's what I thought so too!  I was like, "you're going to make me pay more than what I pay for Great Lengths?";  "you're going to make me meet a quota?";  "you won't even let me market in my other locations?";  "you're even considering infringement action on my company name?" {that really threw me off after I paid for the class and airfare tickets, I felt I got screwed and fell on a trap}.

I am a HAIR EXTENSIONS COLLECTOR.  I buy anything new {have to hear great reviews first, though}

To make a long story short, the majority of my clients come to me because they learned about my company online.  They did their research and made up their minds and want to pay me their thousands.

I never force a method on somebody.  They see, they feel, they research EXTENSIVELY prior to paying thousands of dollars...  They become smart enough to appreciate quality inventions.

Purrmachine- not everyone will afford this or even like it.  In fact, some hate cyberhair.  That is why I offer alot of other techniques!

Charlene

PS. And you?  What kind of methods do you do?  I'm looking for some cheap hair too.  I need them for my fashion shows because I believe that using expensive would be wasteful for a look that calls for "I day hair fantasy".  I would like to buy some thermo hair but in fancy colors.  I need a FIRE look of reds, oranges, and bright yellows.  Thanks!

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:02am
Any luck finding the sillicone?  Does it create a kind of plastic coating when its cured?

I'm trying to think of other special things to tip with!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:06am

ok i found some silicone, well, 5 tubs of the stuff to be exact!

will report back soon..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:32am

ohhhhh

thi stuff rules!

or it seems to anyway!

and lasts for 20 years! :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:32am

this silicone stuffs pretty good, its 'general all purpose silicone'

easy to work with although a bit sticky, doesn;t smell, is clear so can be used on any hair colour, dries in about 1 hour :)

coin is a 5p, sams size as a us penny i think.

The bond is a good one, and is flexible, not all yakky and hard.  i haven't coated with nail glue yet but it seems perfect for going under microrings, i still need to see if it melts though, how do i test this?

sorry for bad application here: this is what happens when you find random objects in toolboxes because you dont have the proper tools to hand.

Edited by kateadreena
purrmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 4:56pm

Hi Charlene,

I imagine your clients may want to pay you thousands versus hundreds because it is the ingrained mentallity of "you pay for what you get", which is true in most aspects of life.  However, sometimes the opposite seems true with hair extensions. I"ve seen so many girls pay thousands for great lengths, other fusion methods and hairlocs, only to have their hair trashed and experience slipping and other issues.  They then try out a method like pinchbraids, heat seals or shrinkies for so much less with little to no damage, and a beautiful result.  Even if I was a millionaire, I would still be doing pinchbraids/heat seals with monofibre hair versus the highly marketed and highly priced "hair extensions systems". 

I'm sure that you, as a salon owner, are presenting your most expensive methods as "the best" (and nothing wrong with that, I run a business too!) and that influences their decision.  But it's great that you offer so many methods, and your clients can choose what works best for them.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 10:52pm

However, sometimes the opposite seems true with hair extensions. I"ve seen so many girls pay thousands for great lengths, other fusion methods and hairlocs, only to have their hair trashed and experience slipping and other issues.

I am convince that it is NOT the method, it could be the maintenance or the stylist did not do it correctly, etc...

They then try out a method like pinchbraids, heat seals or shrinkies for so much less with little to no damage, and a beautiful result.  Even if I was a millionaire, I would still be doing pinchbraids/heat seals with monofibre hair versus the highly marketed and highly priced "hair extensions systems".

I love all kinds of extensions.  I am NOT predjudice.  I never force a method on anyone. But if you were my client and I don't know what kind of experiences you had in the past with other stylists, but I would ask you these same questions:

-What's your lifestyle?  How long do you intend to have these on?  What is your budget?, etc...etc...etc...  I give them samples so they can try before they buy.  In my business, I give whatever the client wants.  I love to make my clients happy.  I get much more REFERRALS that way!  

I'm sure that you, as a salon owner, are presenting your most expensive methods as "the best"

Hair extensions are expensive in the first place, hello???  And I am charging for MY TIME.  If anyone feels that they should not pay a PROFESSIONAL to do their hair extensions, or their breast implants, then by all means avoid PROFESSIONAL FEES.  I charge $150-$200 per hour for doing cheap hair or expensive hair. 

I just did a 'trash to treasure' fantasy hair and the got paid $3500 for an 8 hour job.  I used your favorite- monofibre - it wasn't heat sealed or pinch braids- it was BOBBY PINS {hahahaha}.

You know, YOU STILL HAVEN'T TOLD ME MUCH ABOUT YOU & YOUR BUSINESS. {got something to hide?  PM ME!!!}

PS. I don't know what experiences you had in the past.  You sound like a victim who had been RIPPED OFF or something.  My condolences to you.  I hope you will find your dream hair extensionist someday. 

WORD OF ADVICE FOR ANYONE:  When hunting for a hair extensionist, make sure you know completely what type of hair & method you want since it is your hair, your lifestyle. 

I love smart clients who tell me, "this is what I want, this is what I can afford, I have done enough research and want to fully commit to spending my money on this kind of hair and this type of method". 

I hate the people that needs to be convinced.  Those people are a waste of my time.  It takes me 4-15 hours per client, I don't have time to twist their arm.

Clients come to me traveling within a 4 hour driving radius.  They feel comfortable with me.  In fact I got some Virginia lady who wants to fly me first class and do her hair over there, but I'm not Virginia license .  I also believe that if someone likes you as a person, they will travel long distance just to see you even if they are closer to a cosmopolitan city.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 3:07am

clients drive to you because of your care and integrity you put into your work. Plus your work ROCKS!!

ps- i dont think u need a liscense to do hair extensions in virgina- espcicially if your doing it at her home, check with state board over there. i have been flown quite a bit and didnt require a liscense since i wasnt working in a salon and we didnt do any chemicals.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

ps- i dont think u need a liscense to do hair extensions in
virgina- espcicially if your doing it at her home.

Well, when you really love what you do, you're really
good at it and 'IT' could be anything. Hey the American Dream
guys, with the thermo hair replied back- they do check their
emails after all ! I have requested their catalog since I am
asked to do more of the 'haute couture runway' hairstyles...

I'm not going to risk going to a stranger's house. I don't want to
get my license revoke.   Any amount of money is not worth the
risk! I told her of Pam in Maryland who's closer, but she just
wants me - okay!!!-- horray!!!

-Charlene
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic