Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samaire Armstrong crop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samaire Armstrong crop
    Posted: July 08 2005 at 8:43am

How long has it been since there was actually some hair news?

Finally Samaire Armstrong does something bold.  After growing out to various styles that just didn't suit her she goes for the full crop and is pretty hot.

She's got one of those faces that is more interesting than beautiful but I can really get into her after watching entourage for a while.  She's got this really good funky style.  This is really boyish but I Like this look a lot.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====12 6033&c4nvi=3&str=4900&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:00am
I don't like this new cut, the last one was alot better. With this new color and cut i think she lookes abit like the blonde lindsey lohan.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:36am
This is news? All she seems to do is change her hairstyle!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

This is news? All she seems to do is change her hairstyle!

Thats what this board USE to be about, celebrities and the changes they make to their hair.   Now it's, seems to be more about what one or two posters think about some pic one of the dug up on the net.  Maybe thats what the newer crowd enjoys.  Me, I miss the old days when I could pop in once or twice a day, see a new post and it be breaking hair news rather than a back and forth blog between just a couple posteres.  Or even worse, "yeah, LOL" replied to with "LOL"

Edited by Hal
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:34pm
I'm with you Hal.  It seems that for the past month (or since Natalie Portman got a crewcut) there hasn't been any hair cutting news and I have been actively seeking some.
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:49pm
Can't make something happen once or twice a day if there isn't any news. Doubt that the female species changed their hair habits drastically in the last few months or years.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:51pm
By the way, I agree with Vicky about Samaire.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:51pm

Good Job Trout, nice find.  This is REAL hair news, as opposed to showing 3 year old pictures of pretty actressess.

Originally posted by trout trout wrote:

How long has it been since there was actually some hair news?

Finally Samaire Armstrong does something bold.  After growing out to various styles that just didn't suit her she goes for the full crop and is pretty hot.

She's got one of those faces that is more interesting than beautiful but I can really get into her after watching entourage for a while.  She's got this really good funky style.  This is really boyish but I Like this look a lot.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====12 6033&c4nvi=3&str=4900&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Thats what this board USE to be about, celebrities and the changes they make to their hair.   Now it's, seems to be more about what one or two posters think about some pic one of the dug up on the net.

Have to agree with Hal. Conversations about some arbitrary picture with exactly zero news value are seriously boring. I'm kinda missing the old days when most threads on this board used to be about celebritity hair *news*.

As for Samaire Armstrong: I like the short hair. Looks better than anything she had over the last couple of months or even years.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Can't make something happen once or twice a day if there isn't any news. Doubt that the female species changed their hair habits drastically in the last few months or years.

Well, they have changed it enough to keep this board going just fine for at least the last 5 years that I've been visiting it.  In past, rather than just dig up something or just post a "yeah, I agree" or "LOL" we didn't post... oh well maybe the newer users like this new way... time will tell. 

Edited by Hal
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 4:22pm
I think it's very good to "dig up" something. After all, the title of this board is "Celebrity Hair Talk" and not "Celebrity Hair News"--though I'm sure we cover any breaking celebrity hair news that comes along.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Well, they have changed it enough to keep this board going just fine for at least the last 5 years that I've been visiting it.  In past, rather than just dig up something or just post a "yeah, I agree" or "LOL" we didn't post... oh well maybe the newer users like this new way... time will tell. 

Almost makes you miss Conan, eh?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:39pm
There really just hasn't been any news of note.  Its been a bummer to see how generic people are going lately.  Extensions galore and not a whole lot of interest. 
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 1:08am

Being that I am pretty new to the board I am going to stay away from the converstation of "what the board use to be like", I think everybody should be happy that their is this great board in the first place for all us hair obsessed people to go and talk when the people around us get sick of us talking about hair and go for the reason why  this topic was started.

I don't like this new cut or color. I liked it better in "The O.C" although I have never seen a episode just pictures. She could also do a lot more styles with that cut:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2186/Events/2186/Samaire Arm_Grani_1854845_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Armstro ng,%20Samaire

However I also liked it when she had long hair:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/1027847/HH/1027847/sa007.jpg? path=pgallery&path_key=Armstrong,%20Samaire

Just my thoughts I wanted to share.

Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 3:26am
It doesn't look like the same person when she had long hair. Not a very pretty look for her. The best hair is the one she has on the "OC" ... Thats what I think anyway..

And on the other subject, if someone doesn't find a topic interesting there is always the possibility of chosing if one wants to comment it...
I agree with Fatmoogas, this board is called celebrity hair talk, and I asumed that everything that is related to that is a possible subject for a topic?

But I am farely new here...
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 9:26am
Hal, thanks for saying what I've been thinking for months now.

She's smokin'. Always has been, still is, always will be. Long, short, or in between. But I'll take the shorter stuff anyday. It's definitely been something that has helped her career. Obviously there's no scientific way of proving it, but I doubt she'd have the same level of fame if she still had the old long hair.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:34am
People who like to see new and interesting styles can count on Samaire.
She won't stick with the same style for long. I don't like the platinum on
her and the picture doesn't look attractive, but she's gone ultra-short
before and pulled it off very well.
benigood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benigood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:12pm
Has anyone bigger images from the new hairstyle?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:27pm
Thanks for the second long haired picture, Chelsea. She sure looked a lot better with long hair IMHO.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 6:46am
I don't know much about her, but she is pretty cute.  The platinum seems a bit too harsh, but I like the hair otherwise.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic