Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To straighten or not to straighten

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redletteragent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redletteragent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To straighten or not to straighten
    Posted: August 27 2005 at 2:22pm
I'm one-quarter african american, but i've seemed to have inherited the hair type. The conflict is that i'm very light-skinned, and really into the rock scene. I get made fun of ALL the time about my hair..."albino black person", "got a perm", etc., and i'm finding it hard to be taken seriously in the music industry with my current hair style. I've been thinking about getting it chemically straightened for a while, but i'm afraid of how its going to turn out. It's not quite as thick or curly as full african-american hair, so i need some advice on what i should do. Thanks.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:53pm

i know this is not the advice you want but shaved your head, it looks cool, sophisticated, and perfect for the rock scene. but then there are guys in the rock scene with curly hair like the one of the members of my chemical romance.

remember when you straigten your hair chemically, the maintanence of hair becomes high. you still need to blow dry your hair str8, it just take a shorter time now. and then touch up every 3 months.

if you are willing, then step into a trusted salon and get it done.

ARGHH
eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 1:12pm
i thought that if you relax your hair you have stright hair basically and you dont need a straightenr to stariten it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic