Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Simpson - Oh to dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:34pm
Hal?
Carmichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 3:10pm
Ok, I'll bite...
Real Christains know that we will one day have to answer to God for our decisions. Seeing Jessica's story recently on A&E's Biography I have to agree to with much of what was said here in regard to her dad and her being a real hypocrite. It's sad really. On one hand, here's a man who was once an Evangelical youth pastor, preaching the word of God and the virtues of righteousness to America's kids, who on the other hand ends up selling both his children out to the devil for the sake of money and fame.
"Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you."
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:05pm

OK, but who will answer for celebrities' decision to change their appearance? Shouldn't some of that be a sin?

http://www.goodplasticsurgery.com/archives/004662.html

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:15pm

Sure...but it's only venial!

twstdfantasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twstdfantasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:26pm
Wow.. some of you guys are just ridiculous.

Jessica Simpson's job is to be an entertainer.. and that she does.  She may not write all of her songs, and she may not play an instrument, but she has a beautiful voice, and she uses it well.  That's what people pay her for.  Obviously, in her line of work, she is going to have a lot of money.  But that's society's fault.  We spend the money on the movies, the clothing, the makeup, the music, etc. 

And also, yes, many people think she's a beautiful woman.  So she plays up her sex appeal.. what is so bad about that?  If I (and I'm sure many other women would agree) looked like that, I would be doing it too. 

And as for all of the dumb blonde comments, yes, Jessica may not be the smartest woman in the world, but I can guarantee you that she's not as dumb as she seems.  With all of the money she's made, she's proved that she's just as good of a mogul as anyone else and can build an empire.  Everyone knows the dumb blonde/sex kitten act plays well with our society, and it's made her some big money.  It's probable that she plays it up because of all the money she can earn--people find her "dumbness" funny and respond to it.  I think she realized that she can make major bank off of it.

Now, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but people don't  need to be so harsh against her.  She's just doing her job; entertaining society.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 1:39am

She is definitely a bimbo--but so what? Who cares? Don't think she has a "beautiful voice" though.

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 11:24pm

It's time to call the Roots Police again. How much money does she make again? Oh yeah, lots!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=56123899&cdi=0

glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 11:34pm
wow...her hair is almost white now, but I do like it.  She need's to try some different colors and going really blonde would and does look good on her.  Hope she tries for all platnum (sp?)!!!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 3:18am
Oh god....has her real hair fallen off at about jaw-length now? I don't like the whole hair lighter than skin thing going on. It suits Gwen Stefani but Jessica should maybe tone it down.
drummerdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 8:43am
Originally posted by twstdfantasy twstdfantasy wrote:

Wow.. some of you guys are just
ridiculous.

I wouldn't be pointing my finger too far in that direction were I
you.

Jessica Simpson's job is to be an
entertainer.. and that she
does.  She may not write all of her songs, and she may not play
an
instrument, but she has a beautiful voice, and she uses it well.

Um no she doesn't have a beautiful voice and use it well, her
vocal range is pathetic and very limited at best!

And also, yes, many people think she's
a beautiful woman.  So she
plays up her sex appeal.. what is so bad about that?

Well no talent people are forced to play up their looks now
aren't they? 

If I (and
I'm sure many other women would agree) looked like that, I
would be
doing it too. 

Speak for yourself. Perhaps you would take that easy road. I'm
certain there are plenty more women that would showcase their
intelligence thank you very much.

[QUOTE=twstdfantasy] With all of the money she's made, she's
proved
that she's just as good of a mogul as anyone else and can build
an
empire.  Everyone knows the dumb blonde/sex kitten act plays
well
with our society, and it's made her some big money.  It's
probable
that she plays it up because of all the money she can earn--
people find
her "dumbness" funny and respond to it.  I think she realized
that
she can make major bank off of it.

Give me a break, her father is behind both her career and her
lip synching sister's. Jessica didn't build squat, daddy is the
brains behind the operation. Jessica couldn't build an "empire"
in the game of RISK let alone her own life!   

Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2005 at 3:02am

Drummerdude, I know not of the metal lasses about whom you speak so fondly, but a priori, I can say that they possess more talent than the subject in question.  Then again, so does the breakfast special at IHOP.  But Lisa Loeb, yes, a true beauty! with brains!  she plays acoustic guitar!  Her music, Don no so like, so he no buy it, but she, she no bother me.

Don though, he is a fan of your northern European prog-rock bands from the early '70's, those hirsute, potsmoking dudes like Can, Faust, Neu!  So many more!  Like Xanax is their music one time, and then the is like the trucker speed the next time!  So good, the what they call it "Krautrock." 

We should to jam sometime, drummerdude.  I am of the gitarredude.  PM, we talk!

Edited by Ononotdon
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2005 at 9:11am
wow talk about multi-colored hair! shes got brown roots, white mid lengths and caramel ends.

i always thought of jessica simpson as the 'stand in' of the pop stars. she didnt make the mickey mouse club, which spawned so many other pop stars, and she hasn't really acheived real status as a pop-singer or actress. she just doesnt have that star quality. even britney (who i cant stand) atleast she has that sort of star quality..jessica seems so normal. she kind of reminds me of the unpopular girl at highschool who sat on the bench and just got lucky some how. i guess that explains the big boobs and ever-blonder hair. just my opinion though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic