Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$1800, $2500, $4500?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $1800, $2500, $4500?!?!?
    Posted: October 13 2005 at 1:41pm

Hello.  I don't were extensions or anything, but I do like to pop in here once in a while to see the pictures of the great hairstyles a lot of you come up with. 

Anyway, I noticed today several threads mentioned the cost of getting extensions.  Ye gods!  Talk about sticker shock.  I had no idea.

For $4500 I could probably get my house sided.  I am curious - how long do these extensions last?  I mean if I paid 2K for a style, I should hope they would be good for a year at the very least.

Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 2:31pm

Depending on the kind of extensions, they last for a few months.  Not all extensions cost upwards of $1000, but yes some do.  Hair is expensive too (at least good hair is).

But hey, I sleep good at night, and all the bills are paid...my house is brick (and paid for) so I don't need siding

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 4:59pm
There is a world of extension options below $1,800. From what I can tell, most places that charge several thousand are Great Lengths places, who charge so much purely because they can (or places that do it on purpose, to seem "exclusive"). Oh, and I think Hairlocs and Eurolocs charge that much too- not that they're necessarily any good.

Bottom line: look at -all- your options, both in your area and not (for $700 you could fly to LA, have your hair done by Kristin of HairCandy, and still come out ahead). And look at all your installation-method options, too- there's a lot more besides fusion out there.

-Rae
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 5:41pm
I have thick, super red, butt length extensions.  The cost of the Plastikhaar, and shrinkies I used, the install was under $100.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 6:05pm
Most of the extension jobs that I do are under $1000, and that includes the hair too.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 8:10pm
kalika with red hair? hmmmm interesting. got ne pics u could email me?
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 8:21pm

Awe Thanks Rae. I typically charge $500 for a full set but there are more bargains out there. I've heard of other places also charging better prices around $600-800. The deals are out there, you just need to find them

I have a "find a stylist" page on my website if you'd like to check out some other stylist. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.haircandy.net/stylist.htm

~Kristin

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 2:50am

Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

kalika with red hair? hmmmm interesting. got ne pics u could email me?

Im gonna post em on the forum.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 10:22am
that works. just wasnt sure how leary you were of posting pics.

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 4:24pm
not at all, ask gina
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 7:08am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic