Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!
    Posted: January 19 2006 at 6:38pm

Heres my new install with the Pro-Tac tape. I LOVE this stuff. I done this Sunday...just got around to pictures tonight after work...so pardon the worn out 'do....LOL There is nearly 8 ounces of Bohyme on my head with Pro-Tac tape. I doubled all rows with the exception of the mid level rows in the back..they are TRIPLE wefted. The bottom two rows are always the first to slip with any wefted method I use, so I didnt want to triple those! I used a little LG to bond the wefts together before taping for added security. They feel VERY secure!

So here goes.....onto the pictures!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:04pm

Beautiful!

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:04pm
Beautiful Sherrie!!!    Is that the UK or US Bohmye brand? It looks VERY natural!  What is your natural hair like? Do you have any before pictures?
Kimberly D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberly D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:19pm
Awesome hair, Sherrie! Ha, "worn out 'do", I'd love it if my hair looked
like that right after styling in the morning!

When you say double wefted, that's one weft placed right above, or
below, another weft on the same pro-flex strip, right? Staggered? Same
with triple wefts? Just trying to nail it down, I *hope* to be doing my
install next week, with any luck!   
tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:50pm
Holy good god woman! You look like you should be riding a white horse, butt naked with the sun setting behind you!!

Goddess!

Did you curl it with a 1" like Kristen to get that nice curl or did the hair come like that??

FAB! 
Carla From VA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carla From VA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:58pm
Hi, your hair looks absolutely amazing!!  I love the spiral curls.  Fabulous job.  I bow to your greatness.
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:56pm
WOW!  Looks gorgeous!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:24pm

HOLY CRAP WOMAN 8oz, IS YOUR HEAD HEAVY?????

I bet you have got some volume now!!

It looks wonderful, I agree with tjoh99, you should be riding a white horse, naked of course!!

Is'nt this tape stuff the BOMB!!!  It is so much easier than LG, just wait until you have to remove, it is even easier than the install.  No clumps to comb out!!

Good job, rock on with your mega hair!!!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:24pm

Thanks girls!

Kristin, this is US Bohyme from Ebonyline...couldnt resist the after Christmas sale...only $94 a weft. I still dont think Bohyme  silky straight looks its best with a tighter curl....although it looks excellent with a loose curl or straight. This is my second Bohyme install, and I dont remember having quite this much shedding with the first Bohyme install...kinda annoying me, hopefully the shedding lets up! My natural hair in very fine sorta wavy/kinda frizzy. But straightens out very easily. I do have a picture with no extensions floating around this board somewhere...UGGH...no I didnt take any naked head shots this time LOL, the less of those the better!

Kimberly, yes I have doubled and tripled the wefts on one tape. I used LG to bond the wefts together for added security before applying the tape. Yes the tracks are kinda staggered or one below the other ..not track on top of track, not as bulky that way. They seem very secure....but the verdict is still out on that.

tjoh, this is straight Bohyme. I usually use my 1 inch iron like Kristin used in her pictures. But this morning I used my 5/8 iron and the curl was too tight. I really had to brush it out alot to get the curl to loosen up!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:30pm

gsmilie...hehe, no it doesnt feel heavy at all. I usually use at least 6 ounces, and with Bohyme it seems like I need more for volume.

You are absolutely right, this tape stuff ROCKS. So simple and easy and none of the messy hassle of LG installs. If thes hold up 5/6 weeks for me my LG installs will be a thing of the past! And even better yet, the easy removal...this stuff is like a dream for a DIYer!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:35pm
I have had my install in for almost 5 weeks, and I can see going at least another week, I have a few small pieces I may need to add a little LG to cover the tape ends, but there is no lifting or slipage, just natural growth!!!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:36pm

You know what's really funny about Ebonyline's sale is that the $94 you paid is way under the wholesale price for the US Bohyme hair and I know because I order it direct from the company. As for your shedding, that's really odd because I've never had any shedding US Bohyme hair... I wonder if they could have switched the hair or something.... did all the proper lables and tags come on the hair? I thought it was weird anyways-- they actually paid you to take that hair Sherrie

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:38pm
Wow Sherrie just beautiful   
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:56pm

SHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrie- Awesome girl-

when are u gonna start offering to paying clients girl??? Now u have some serious awesome hair!

You may not be pro- but your pro in my eyes!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:59pm

Yeah Kristin....much shedding right now. I wonder if it has something to do with the cut edges of the weft shedding. Normally they are glued pretty tight with LG installs or glued into pretips. But with this pro-tac install the edges are not as secured by glue? I didnt even think about reinforcing the edges of the wefts, I was so excited to do my pro-tac tapes that I didnt think...duh. Yep all proper labels, tags packaging...its definitely authentic Bohyme. The sale was on ALL hair at ebonyline, not just Bohyme.

LOL Tangles...as soon as my daughter graduates in 2 years, then I can go back to school for a cos license! By that time I should have enough knowledge of extensions to get into the business. How many 40+ year olds do you think they see is cos school!! hehe

Edited by sherrie215
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 10:21pm

hey sher- when i was in beauty school yrs ago- there were a few glas in their 40 in school. its never to late to educate yourself.

what state do u live in?

gosh i would certainly hire u now as an assistant if u had a liscense.

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 10:32pm
That is totally smokin', Sherrie!!! Whiplash worthy!

LOL! Don't those proflex tapes just rule?! I agree! They have totally revamped how I wear hair now, and even I can do it myself. And the price is totally right! Plus, they stay in forever. Those things are a miracle.

You look stunning, girlie!
shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:29pm
You look awesome!!! Please, Sherrie, tell me your secret for keeping the strips in!!! Mine slid out with the first wash...waaaa! lol.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:51pm

shdow- someone suggusted hitting it with a hot blowdryer.

i installed a small strip of a weft on my side today just to try it out, about 4 in wide, took me two seconds to get in, looks awesome. All my stylist are curious now! lol- i do one on one coaching in extensions at my salon, so i guess i will be teaching them this too!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 3:52am
Wozza!  That's some fricking hair Sherrie, you look absolutely beautiful, bleeding stunning!  I just love that much hair on you xx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic