Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to comb from ends to roots?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to comb from ends to roots?
    Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:29pm

Hi all,

I see a lot of people recommend combing from the ends to the roots.  How is that done?  I'm sure that if I did that my hair would tangle as it is fairly long.

Can someone explain? 

Thanks!

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:42pm
I believe it means to comb the ends first working your way up after each pass.  Basically, if your hair were wet, for example, detangle the ends first then move up a little higher and detangle that bit and continue this until you reach your roots.  This is what I took it to mean.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  HTH!
http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:47pm
It's really simple. Part youe hair in as many sections needed. Add a moisterizer to you hair (to loosen up the tangles). Then with a wide tooth comb,comb thru your hair starting from the ends. If the comb gets stuck, separate your hair and try again until hair is un tangled at the ends. Then work your way up and cob thru what you already combed.
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:38pm

Ohhhh!  Lightbulb goes on.  Thanks for that.  I thought it meant doing the one long sweep but in reverse starting from the ends and thought how can someone possibly do that!

Duh - I'm blonde.

Edited by R2D2inoz
Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic