Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mizu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help!!!
    Posted: March 01 2007 at 6:22am
I had this hair style I really liked, with the layers and it was shorter in the back instead of the front. It was about a half-inch above my shoulders. It's a nice natural dark brown, and I have never dyed it once. It's naturally really curly, and I hate it, so I usually straighten it.

I really enjoyed it but I wanted to get it trimmed up, and my mom showed the hair stylist a picture of this girl in a hairstyling magazine, and the stylist made my hair hideous and short. This was a new stylist I went to, and she didn't ask me much, judt went with what my mom said.

I really wished i had gone to my original stylist, she would of talked me out of it. My mom feels really bad and I feel miserable, and my Dad is annoyed. My house is a wreck because of one hairstyle. The hairstyle is so hideous I can't even look into the mirror. It looks fine with a hat on, but I can't wear hats to school. *stabs self* Dead I am so depressed because if this!

Recently on my old, better hairstyle, I had less bangs because it was my first time with them. I had gone years without bangs. Well, the stylist gave me more bangs, and it was alot! There's too much of them and they look really bad. It doesn't match my look at all.

I'm very ashamed of it and i'm afraid to go anywhere with it. It's too short to put in a ponytail and it is too long to spike in the back. It's above my shoulders, big time. It isn't even to my chin, it's just below my ears (Thank god for it not being above them!) and its so different and ugly.

It frames my face to much and it looks dorky. It's the shortest I've had my hair in my lifetime and it's making me miserable and I can't keep my composure.Unhappy I cried a lot last night, I couldn't stop, then this morning, I started crying again. Cry 

I'm embarrassed to go to school and I didn't today because I'm afraid people are going to ask me about it, and I know when i'm gonna reply, I'm going to start crying again. I need some help and ideas of what to do about it..

I'm 13 years old and bawling about my hair - wow who saw that coming? Seriously I never thought I'd start doing stuff with my hair and actually caring! I usually just put my curly hair in a ponytail and got my bangs straightened every day before school, I didn't care what my hair looked like, until now.

Oh my god, I really wonder what i can do... I hope someone has some good advice for me!! I seriously feel like a wreck.. I want to knock myself out and go back to last night before I got my hair cut.. I think about my hair, or see it, and I bawl, feel miserable, or think of what other people are gonna think..

I mean what possessed my hair stylist to chop all my hair off!!! I WANTED IT TRIMMED. I liked my old hairstyle (the longer one but the not ponytail one), my mom did, and everyone else did too! whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy!?!

Please someone help me!

P.S. Sorry this post was so long.. but I had to get that off my chest.

Edited by Mizu - March 01 2007 at 7:21am
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 1:11am
ok,just relax,we have ALL been there. I'm currently right there with you,but I had to chop my hair cuz my nephew cut it when he spent the night at my house while he was supposed to be in bed.

This is what i have been doing,my hair is slightly too short for a ponytail too.However,with the help of bobby pins,and some hairspray I can get it into a tiny stub...think you can do that? Now,they have these CLIP ON ponytails that can go right over your stub. You can buy them at the mall or online.All different styles too!

If you cant do that,or dont want too,try a headband or some pretty barrettes and pull it away from your face if you dont like how it is framed.
Play with your bangs.maybe sweep them off to the side,or part them slightly.
Buy some pretty earrings.
If all else fails,ask your mom since this is her fault if you can get hair extensions. You could find someone in your area who does them,or read the hair extensions part of this forum and learn how to do them yourself.
I have always hated when the few times my hair was really short at first. After a while and in pictures though I often looked back and thought it wasnt so bad.
Think of it this way,you only really have 4 months left of school,right???
Then summer,and hair grows faster in the summer.By the time the next school season starts,I bet your hair will be alot longer and to the point where you dont think it is ugly anymore.Wink

P.S.~ You are young,and if anything like my daughter,your hair grows pretty fast. I cut my daughter's hair and two weeks later you cant even tell it grows so darned fast.

Go to www.doctoredlocks.com to shop for clip on ponytails (make sure they clip on before buying cuz the draw string kind doesnt stay on short hair very well) they also have extensions and clip on extensions and wigs.

Edited by julesyjul88 - March 05 2007 at 2:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic