Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hilary Swank to cut hair for charity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hilary Swank to cut hair for charity
    Posted: July 20 2007 at 12:07pm

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah6147.shtml

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (July 19, 2007) – Hilary Swank is saying so long to her locks. Partnering with the Entertainment Industry Foundation as a spokesperson for Pantene Beautiful Lengths Campaign, which donates real hair wigs to women suffering from cancer, Hilary announced she’ll cut off her coif, later this year.

“It's wonderful to know that my hair is gonna help someone feel better through the process of getting treatment,” she told Access Hollywood.

Posing for the cause, along with beloved dog Karu, Hilary embraced her ponytail, for now.

“It's growing and hopefully I can get a little more length so I can get a nice ponytail to donate,” she said.

Hilary has rocked short locks before. Remember “Boys Don’t Cry?” And, she’s looking forward to going back to her roots.

“I think having short hair is really fun and it looks like it may be the new look,” she said. “So it will if anything just make me hip. Finally a reason to be hip!”

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 12:14pm

I'm glad to see celebrities stepping up and donating to these worthy causes.

It'd be great to see her recruit some of her celebrity friends to donate with her...time will tell.

Maybe she'll do it live like Diane Lane did?

Either way...what a sweetheart for donating.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
who11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote who11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 2:10pm
dang it you beat me to it i was gonna post it last night but then fell asleep.

Cant wait to see how short she goes.

Its all for a good cause, i applause you Hilary.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 9:49pm
Well another that will be fun to watch grow longer until that day. What are you going to do.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 2:17am
Not sure Hilary Swank's stringy hair will help anyone very much.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 10:02pm
I don't think it is stringy but then again it could be because of hair stuff she uses.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 5:56pm
Without going into a diseration of how there's no way all of the hair collected by Locks of Love could ever be turned into wigs, Hilary Swank is definitely one of the women who looks much better with long hair. When she has short hair, the first think I notice is her teeth.

Oh well, at least I'll have fun watching her hair grow longer and longer:

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 7:24pm
Me too Kramer you are not the only one that notice short hair isn't for her.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 7:28pm
Kramer, She actually had long hair in the pic you showed for short hair
4547944Hopefully, she won't go as short as in "Boy's don't cry" but I think this length is great on her.
Hilary%20Swank
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 8:24pm
Yeah, I know she had longer hair in the photo I posted, but you couldn't see any of it, so it's the same effect.

It was short here, though:

and long here:

Honestly, if you think she looks better with short hair, that's fine. It doesn't do it for me, though. Not even close.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:40pm
      The following will be stated on Oprah in the future: "Hilary, you made a wonderful decision. A cancer-stricken child will look beautiful, and YOU look so young and stunning with that short haircut!" But then, methinks that Oprah should star in "Joe Isuzu" commercials. Sorry, Oprah fans! LOL Best to All, Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

The following will be stated on Oprah in the future: "Hilary, you made a wonderful decision. A cancer-stricken child will look beautiful, and YOU look so young and stunning with that short haircut!" But then, methinks that Oprah should star in "Joe Isuzu" commercials. Sorry, Oprah fans! LOL Best to All, Bob

Good one Bob...although a small correction, Great Lengths is for Adult women with cancer, not kids...

Love the Joe Isuzu reference, that stuff was hilarious back in the day!
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 8:43am
Oh how awful. Someone who thinks short hair is fun and hip wants to cut her hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 11:05am
     **Finally** we are on the same page, Heath!! LOL Bob
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 8:41pm
A little translation service helpfully provided for those who are not familiar with arch-speak...

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

I'm glad to see celebrities stepping up and donating to these worthy causes.

"Who gives a darn whether it's for charity or not? I'm just glad to see that she's going to cut her hair short!"

It'd be great to see her recruit some of her celebrity friends to donate with her...time will tell.

Maybe she'll do it live like Diane Lane did?

"So that I can record the event and enjoy replaying it!"

Either way...what a sweetheart for donating.

"Again, who gives a darn whether it's for charity or not?"

[Sorry arch, just having a little fun at your expense. LOL  But I don't think it's a misrepresentation. ]

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:08am

LOL

Dave,

I was trying to be diplomatic...as to keep you (and others) off my case...but it looks like it happened anyways. Either way, you are a master of decoding subliminal messages Wink No offense taken...you're almost as good at reading my thoughts as my wife. lol
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 8:09pm
Subtlety does not come easily for many of us!  Wink
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 4:04pm
i dont say this often but she looks better with long hair
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 6:50pm
Maybe this is just a publicity stunt to keep her from falling off the radar of producers?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 7:01pm
Could it be that she simply wants to be involved in a great cause?  Such cynacism on this board lately. 
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic