Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gwyneth Paltrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
think_tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think_tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2008 at 6:53am
I fully agree that it works, and besides, no one can just leave their hair long their entire life, right??
Just my opinion, but I was getting a bit tired of seeing her with long hair only-- nice change I'd say.
think_tom neolight hair
Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 5:56pm
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 7:04pm
She just won't give up that middle part and flat, straight, cheek-hugging shape, will she?

I'd trade almost any of Gwyneth's personally-chosen styles for almost any style she's been given for a movie role, from Mr. Ripley to Iron Man...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 9:12pm
So do you think someone is giving her bad advice or do you think she really thinks it looks good.  I'm mainly referring to the center part thing - though I am not a fan of the few extra long wispy pieces in front either.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 10:21pm
I honestly don't know, and I may be in the minority, but from my perspective she's clinging to a texture and general shape, short or long, that's unflattering, worn-out, and several years behind the trends curve. For a woman who's often been considered a style icon, that doesn't quite make sense to me. For a woman who could look absolutely stunning with a more updated, flattering style (which for me would be banged in some way, side-parted, layered, and have volume to it) it's quite a major bummer.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 4:27pm
     At our local Boscov's, at a cosmetics counter, they have a looped film of Gwyneth with her beautiful long locks. Now, THAT was something! Now, I find the front length distracting, not attracting. The bob itself is all right, but the old length lent glamour. It catches my eye every time on that tape. Best, Bob Star
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 7:16am
she seems to have joined the bobbed bunch a bit too late huh?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 8:27am
I'd say it's more than joining too late. It's how she does the bob. Plenty of people do the bob with a side part, bangs of some length, so it's more cleared from the face, and tapered layers in back. Even when she chooses the bob, a relatively-new style she chooses the variation that keeps the severe middle part, flatness, and straightness encroaching on her face. In other words, she chooses a variation on a new style that still clings to her old, outdated, unflattering style. That's the part I don't get.

For a contrast, check her out in the party scene of Iron Man. Red, banged, with soft waves and curls to her shoulders. Not only fantastic (IMHO) but far more in keeping with today's trends, I think. I secretly wonder how SHE can look at herself with that style and not see how beautiful she looks, and know it reflects today's trends, and then not want to keep at least some element of it for her off-screen look.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 10:53am
I have never understood why Gwyneth Paltrow is considered a style icon.  She is skinny and blonde and that is about the extent of it. 

I agree that she has tried to go a new direction but is keeping some fundamentals that she just needs to get rid of as they are not really flattering.  That said I think that lately she has taken a pretty dramatic step forward both on her hair and the way she dresses/overall look, etc. in being younger and more fashion forward.  I hope she continues the trend. 

This is her best hair in a long time.  It is not perfect but it is also not nearly as bland, simple, and often messy as it has been in recent years. 

She was hot in Iron Man.  I'm really suprised she didn't keep the red. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic