Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short Hair suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Offkilter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offkilter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Hair suggestions?
    Posted: May 29 2008 at 3:34pm
Hi everyone.

I've had the same hair cut now for about two years and need to mix things up. However, my current hairstyle doesn't give me a lot of options.  It is long in the front and super short in the back. I jokingly call it my reverse mullet.Big%20smile 

Here is a side view so you can see what I'm talking about. It is from around Christmas time, so the sides are actually a touch longer now.

And below is the only picture I have with a front view; it is from over a year ago when the front was a few inches shorter. I'd take one now, but I can't find my camera.

In the past I've typically worn my hair really short all over. This was kind of a compromise for my husband who really prefers my hair to be longer than his. Tongue 

Right now I want to lose some of the length in the front, but don't want to do something competely boring. I'm open to trying anything, but I generally prefer styles that are quick to style.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
Megan
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 7:48pm
Girl, the reverse mullet has to go.  How 'bout something like this?

or something a little more traditional

and this is my all time favorite

HAWG
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 7:40pm
Hi Megan,

Here are a few cute styles:

Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do!

Edited by strawberiblonde - June 04 2008 at 7:40pm
Offkilter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offkilter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 6:27pm
HAWG, Thanks for the pictures. I actually used to wear my hair very much like the last picture you posted. I will probably do that again eventually but would like to do something before hand that takes advantage of my length in front.

Strawberiblonde, I like the top two pictures a lot. That would be a fun style to try for awhile.

I'll let you know what happens. I have a hair appointment at the end of the month.

Edited by Offkilter - June 06 2008 at 6:33pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 11:58pm
Cool, we'll be standing by for more word.  Good luck with the new look.  Thanks,
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 8:34pm
How about this cut? I just cut this over the weekend for my wife. She loves it and she says it's so much cooler. I love it becuase it is so much easier for me to do for her before she goes to work :-) Let me know what you think about this cut, I would be intersted to know what other persons think. My wife loves the cut and come this summer she plans to take the top a tade shorter, not a flat top but close to it so she says.
Mike  
Mike B
tooolgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooolgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 5:13am
I love it, but if it were for me the top would be a lot shorter. I totally love the nape, I have to get my stylist to cut mine like that, she always leaves it too long back there.

Sandra
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 11:38am
Sandra, it's tapered; that's what you need to ask for.  From zero to blended with the longest layer on top. 
HAWG
tooolgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooolgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 4:13pm
Thanks Hawg, Now I know what to ask for, I automatically thought she would do that when giving me a short haircut. DOH on my part!!!

Sandra
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 8:58pm
Tool,
Have her taper the back up to the optical area with a #2 then taper down  to nothing. Continue this thru the sides about 1" above the top of the ear. Then blend with texturizing shears to remove the bulk and the weight line so it looks smooth with no line. I cut Ann's top about a 1-1/2" in length. Cut the sideburns as if you were leaving the bottom square don't angel to the ear. I realy do not like cutting a straight line for this. It is just too easy.  She gets so many compliments on her cut. Its like free advertisment for me. Good luck. IM me if you should have any questions I will help you so you get the cut you want.
Mike
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 6:09am
wow! mikecuts that's a great cut!!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 8:33pm
Short to Long,
Thanks I am glad you like my work :-)  It means alot when others take notice.
I cut her (my wife's) hair about every 4 weeks and do her hair everyday before she goes to work. How's that for service? The color is dirty blond with "ash" highlights around the top. and heavy hightlights towards the front.
Thanks
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic